Sunday, June 2, 2019

Saturday, June 1, 2019


Last night I took a single Zopiclona at 10:30 and went to bed.  I fell asleep rather quickly but still got up several times during the night.  I finally woke up at 6:30 and we got up at 7am.  Teresa has a blood draw appointment at the Nueve eps clinic at 8:45.

We left the apt at 8:15 and we found a taxi just outside the gates. 
At nueve eps there was a 5-minute wait and then they took Teresa’s blood sample.  We walked 2 blocks to Carbon de Leña where we had breakfast.  Teresa caught a friend walking by and they chatted for awhile.  Teresa then headed to the finca.  I understand JJ has moved out (or is moving our shortly) and his downpayment will be used for the last month’s payment.  She needs to make sure everything is in order and see what needs to be done before the next renter moves in.

I went to Bancolombia where I took number 340 and they were serving 314.  I went across the way to Exito where I looked for a Xoom sign at my brother’s request.  I didn’t see one at either of the special cashiers.  Back at the bank I read some from my Reader’s Digest.  After about 30 minutes it was my turn.  Without any difficulty the cashier retrieved my World Remit cash and deposited it into accounts for the apt, my health insurance and the gym.

Next door at Claro I found a young employee who spoke English.  He helped me set up a 4GB data plan for 58,900 a month.  He explained that I wouldn’t be able to use the same phone number.  I thought about it for a minute then told him that should be ok because my cellphone has a slot for another SIM card.  Because of the new card I paid 61,200 pesos for this month.  I understand the data cutoff date for each month is on the 4th but my payment is due on the 15th.  Supposedly, I will be receiving a bill each month but I’m not confident of that, after all, Teresa doesn’t receive one.

I went to the bookstore where I exchanged my paperback plus 2mil for another one.

I stopped at the copy center where I bought a large plastic envelope to keep our medical documents dry when we go out on our doctor’s visits.

I went to $efecty where there was only a short line and I paid the Direct TV bill.

At Todo Drogas I purchased my medicines and vitamins for the month.

I called Chuck and he agreed to meet me at Bartolos for lunch in 15 minutes.  I stopped at a little watch kiosk and had my watch advanced by 2 ½ minutes because it was slow and I bought a new watch band for a total of 12mil.

I stopped at the bank and after a 5-minute wait I made a withdrawal.

Chuck was waiting for me when I arrived 5 minutes late at Bartolos.  I was starving so I ordered lunch as quickly as I could track down a waiter and he just had soup and coffee.

From there we went to the bakery where we each had coffee and a pastry.

At 2pm the Liverpool vs Tottenham English Championship soccer match started on a TV right behind us.

I was starting to feel overheated in my warm t-shirt so I said goodbye to Chuck and took a bus back to the apt.  On the way I noticed a single small dark cloud headed our way.

Btw, Liverpool won 2-0.

Teresa called me at 6:45 and informed me that she’s at the finca in a downpour waiting for a bus and when she returns she wants to go for pizza.

(I just remembered - when we were at Pricesmart the other day I noticed a nun walking through the store.  Later I saw her and she only had one item – a container of jelly beans!  Lol.)

It was only misting here but it got so cold that I closed all the windows; we have no furnace so there is no other way to “heat” the place.  I put on my jacket and went to meet Teresa at the porteria.  I checked and I did get an internet connection, automatically.

Teresa arrived in a taxi 10 minutes later and we went to Antica Pizza.  On the way it started raining hard.  It was cold waiting outside to get seats inside; even then the place is so open.  Tonight it was nice to have an internet connection because they never have wifi.  We had our pizza and when we left thankfully it had stopped raining.

We quickly caught a taxi back to the apt.

I have a question for my readers.  What, exactly, does it mean when I say that I have 4GB of data?  I know what a gigabyte is but I’m just wondering is that speed or volume or something else?  Anyone?

7,266 steps today.

Joke of the day
John invited his mother over for dinner one evening. During the meal, she couldn’t help but notice how attractive his roommate Judy was. She had been suspicious of a relationship between her son and his roommate for quite some time, but this only made her more curious. She watched the two of them interact over the course of the evening and began to wonder whether there was more between John and Judy than met the eye.
Realizing only too well what his mother was thinking, John said, "I can see your wheels turning Mom, and I know what you’re thinking. Rest assured: Judy and I are strictly room-mates."
 A few days later, Judy went to John and said, "You know the beautiful silver gravy ladle? Well, ever since your mother came to dinner I can’t seem to find it. You don’t think she would have taken it, do you?"
"I doubt it, but I’ll write her a letter just to be sure," replied John.
John then sat down and wrote his mother the following letter:  
Dear Mom, while I’m not saying you "did" take the gravy ladle from my house, and I’m not saying you "didn’t" take the gravy ladle, the fact remains that ever since you were here for dinner it has been missing. Love, Your son.
Several days later, John received a reply from his mother, which read:
Dear John, While I am not saying you "do" sleep with Judy, and I’m not saying you "don’t" sleep with her, the fact remains that she would have found the gravy ladle by now if she were sleeping in her own bed.  Love, Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment