Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Monday, June 3, 2019


Today is a holiday here – Dia de Ascension.

Though I got up 2 or 3 times during the night I didn’t wake/get up until 8:30.

My back seems to be a little better but I still will get a twinge of pain if I move wrong.

Even though it’s a holiday and I got up late I plan on going to the gym a little later.

I watched about the first 90 minutes of the Today show, took half an Excedrin Migraine and headed for the gym.  Because today is a holiday they had Ciclovia going on in Avenida Poblado.

I didn’t need wifi today because now I have a data plan.  Today, being the first (gym) day of the month, is weigh-in day.  I took off my shoes and stepped on the scale and it settled on 78.2 (172.4#).  Yikes!  I went up a couple pounds.  I completed all my exercises in about an hour and 35 minutes.

On TV it was reported that in 2018 there were more than 12 million visitors to Bogota.  I’m sure Medelli had a lot also.

About 2pm I went out on the balcony and looked north and saw blue skies with some white clouds.  I looked south and there were dark threatening clouds and I could hear thunder in the distance.  Overhead it was just cloudy.

Teresa informed me that she has to go to the finca again tomorrow so I will be on my own for lunch.  I emailed Chuck to see if he will be available to meet in the park as I also want to look for a 2 meter cellphone charger.

Teresa surprised me by suggesting we go for that Arabian food.  I said “Greek” and she said yes.  I checked online and their website said The Greek Connection is open tonight.

At 7:30 Teresa called for a taxi, we went downstairs and the taxi was waiting for us ourside the porteria (guard house).

He dropped us off a block from Parque Lleras and we walked to Carrera 38 where the restaurant is supposed to be but it was closed – just for tonight or permanently I couldn’t tell.

We went to a Tex-Mex restaurant nearby, Ay Caramba!  They had salmon on the menu but after Teresa talked to the waiter she decided it was best not to order it.  We ended up sharing an order of ribs and we each had a juice.  We were both surprised by how good (not great) they were.

As I was finishing the last rib she ordered a bowl of Mexican soup.  I asked her if she inquired as to if it was spicy, after all this is a Mexican restaurant.  She asked me why I thought it was a Mexican restaurant.  I pointed to their large sign and explained what the words Tex-Mex mean that are under the much larger words Ay Caramba!.

The waiter brought a large plate with a bowl in the center that was surrounded my various ingredients.  I recognized corn, shredded chicken, cheese, and cabbage but not the others.  To me the soup tasted like a tomato broth.

I paid about 78mil ($25) for our dinner (Teresa thought that was expensive) and we quickly caught a taxi back to the apt.

5,537 steps today.

Joke of the day
A beautiful young woman was about to undergo a minor operation. She was lying on a hospital trolley bed with nothing on, except a sheet over her.
The nurse pushed her trolley down the corridor towards the operating theater, where she left the woman on the trolley outside, while she went in to check whether everything was ready.
A young man wearing a white coat approached her, lifted the sheet up and started examining her naked body.
He put the sheet back and then walked away and talked to another man in a white coat.
A second man came over, lifted the sheet and performed the same examinations.
When a third man did the same thing, yet even more carefully, she began to grow impatient and blurted out:
"All these examinations are fine and appreciated, but when are you going to start the operation?"
The man in the white coat shrugged his shoulders: "I have no idea. We're just painting the corridor."

No comments:

Post a Comment