Sunday, June 23, 2019

Saturday, June 22, 2019


I got up once about 1:30 and my mouth felt parched so I drank a few sips of water.  I noticed the ladies night party across the street had broken up.  I went back to bed, quickly fell back asleep and woke up at 6am and got up at 6:30.

This morning I would say my back is about 95%.

Well, we still have working TV.

I left the apt at 9am and took an Envigado bus to Parque Poblado.  As I got off the bus Nobraskja was right behind me.  I apologized for not noticing her when I got on.  We walked across the street to Envios Market where I paid my rental for July and picked up my document – a Credit One Platinum Visa card offer, ie, junk mail.

I walked to Cedimed where I made another withdrawal of mainly 20s.  I took a bus to Oviedo and since it was only 9:40am and the stores don’t open until 10am I ordered a café mocha blanco in Starbucks.  As usual I asked the cashier if she spoke English.  She replied no.  I then started ordering my usual drink in Spanish and she asked why I wanted to speak in English if I spoke Spanish.  I replied with my usual “I speak a little Spanish and understand less”.

After enjoying my coffee it was almost 10:30 so I went to the information booth and asked for the location of the mattress store.  She wrote something down on a small piece of paper then handed me the names of 8 mattress stores in the mall and directed me to go to the 2nd floor.  I went to the stairs and went up one level and saw “level 4”.  What?  That means I came in on level 3?  I went down 2 levels and towards the back as she directed and in one location next to and across from each other I found the 8 mattress stores: Rambler, Serta, Comodisimos, Americolnol de Colchones, Euromattress, Paraiso, Spring, and Pullman.  I decided I should continue my search in the other direction.  To be continued.

Back at the apt just after 11am I emailed Bear Mattress in the States and asked if they sell their brand in any of the stores I found in Oviedo.  I did the same for another brand called Nectar.

I left the apt at 12:15 and met Chuck outside restaurant Oliva.  There was obviously a wedding reception going on as there were lots of ladies in nice long dresses.  We walked down to Empire’s NY Pizza but found it closed.  On a Saturday, can you imagine?

We went a few restaurants away where we had the menu of the day at Asados Rogelio for 17mil.  We then adjourned to Eduardo Madrid Panaderia where we had coffee and a pastry.

We said goodbye at 2:30 and I returned to the apt.

Teresa and I took a 25 minute nap.

I wanted to watch the US Men’s National Team play against Trinidad & Tobago but I couldn’t find it on an
y TV station.

5,335 steps today.

Joke of the day
A defendant was on trial for murder. There was strong evidence indicating guilt, but no body had been found. When giving the closing statement, his high-flying lawyer knew there was a good chance of him being convicted.
“Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, I have a surprise for you all,” said the lawyer.
“Within one minute, the person presumed dead in this case will walk into this courtroom.” And she turned and pointed at the courtroom door.
The jurors, somewhat stunned, all looked on eagerly. A minute passed.
Nothing happened.
Finally the lawyer said, “Actually, I made up the previous statement. But you all looked on with anticipation. I therefore put to you that you have a reasonable doubt in this case as to whether anyone was killed and insist that you return a verdict of not guilty.”
The jury, clearly confused, retired to deliberate.
A few minutes later, the jury returned and pronounced a verdict of guilty.
“But how?” inquired the lawyer. “You must have had some doubt - I saw all of you stare at the door!!”
The jury foreman replied: “Oh, we did."
"But your client didn’t.”

No comments:

Post a Comment