Thursday, June 27, 2019

Wednesday, June 26, 2019


Despite getting up twice during the night I slept well waking at 6:30 and getting up at 7:15.

We still have Direct TV.

Wow, I received an email from my daughter Jeannie.  She expects to visit for the first time the end of August into early September with her girlfriend JoAnn.

I took half an Excedrin Migraine and headed to the gym.  Marcos was working out on the treadmill and we chatted a bit.  At one point Teresa stopped by with a couple girfriends on their way to get coffee at Aymará.  I completed all my exercises in a little over 90 minutes.

For lunch Teresa made spaghetti ala Juanita but I was a little disappointed that I didn’t have bread to make garlic bread.

About 1:30 I noticed we lost our internet connecion.  I disconnected and reconnected the router but so far that hasn’t helped.  It came back on about an hour and a half later.

I left the apt about 4:30 and walked over to the bakery.  I had a cafĂ© con leche and got a small loaf of bread and 2 English muffins to go for 10,100 pesos ($3).  Laura texted me that she’s looking for another family.  What?  Teresa had called me so I picked up a couple bags of milk at Exito on my way back to the apt.

For dinner Teresa warmed up leftover spaghetti and I made garlic bread.  The bread was a little different then before, crispier, but still delicious.

Teresa talked to Laura and I understand she dinged the family car somehow and the host mother said she needs to find a family like in NYC where she won’t have to drive.

I found the US vs Panama match on Fox Sports 1 on my Slingbox.  It was 0-0 at the half.  The US won 1-0.

I quickly switched to the Democratic debate but just caught a few closing words.

6,394 steps today.

Joke of the day
A woman driver was speeding along the highway, when suddenly she got stopped by a police car which instructed her to pull over.
Woman: “Is there a problem officer?”
Officer: “Ma’am you were speeding.  “May I see your license please?”
Woman: “I’d give it to you but I don’t have one.”
Officer: “Don’t have one?”
Woman: “I lost it four times for drunk driving.”
Officer: “I see.  Can I see your vehicle registration papers please?”
Woman: “I can’t do that.”
Officer: “Why not?”
Woman: “I stole this car.”
Officer: “Stole it?” 
Woman: “Yes, and I killed the owner.”
Officer: “You what?”
Woman: “His body is in a plastic bag in the trunk, if you want to see.”
The officer looked at the woman, slowly backed away to his car, and called for backup.
Within minutes, five police cars circled the car.  A senior officer slowly approached the car, clasping his half-drawn gun.
Sergeant: “Ma’am, could you step out of your vehicle please?!”
The woman stepped out of her vehicle.
Woman: “Is there a problem, sir?”
Sergeant: “One of my officers told me that you have stolen this car and murdered the owner.”
Woman: “Murdered the owner?”
Sergeant: “Yes, could you open the trunk of your car, please.”
The woman opened the trunk.  It was completely empty.
Sergeant: “Is this your car, ma’am?”
Woman: “Yes, here are the registration papers.”
The first officer was stunned.
Sergeant: “One of my officers claims that you do not have a driver’s license.”
The woman dug into her handbag, pulled out a clutch purse, and handed it to the officer.  The officer snapped open the clutch purse and examined the license.  He looked quite puzzled.
Sergeant: “Thank you, ma’am.  One of my officers told me you didn’t have a license, that you stole this car, and that you murdered the owner.”
Woman: “Oh, my!  I’ll bet he will say I was speeding too!”

No comments:

Post a Comment