Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Tuesday, June 25, 2019


Last night I went to bed at 11pm, got up once about 3:45, finally waking/getting up at 7am.

Jose emailed me that since they returned a day late from their trip he’s got a lot to do so he wants to wait a week before we continue playing.

We still have working Direct TV.

It was nice NOT to have to take a cold shower this morning.

The channel for the Today show displayed “sin señal” so I left the apt and walked to the mall.  I had a couple chess pages printed then went up to Café Arangos for a café con leche.

I left about 11am and returned to the apt.

Late afternoon I started watching Draft Day until Esmeralda arrived.  It was about 5;30 when Teresa asked me if we’re going to get rain soon.  I checked my Accuweather forecast and it predicted a late afternoon thunderstorm.  We soon left. On our way to the mall we heard thunder and there was a single small black cloud that was almost overhead.  We got to the mall in time where MT soon joined us.

We all had dinner at Crepes & Waffles for 91,900 ($30) and then stopped for a bit at Café Arangos for coffee.

When we left the mall it was obvious we had gotten some rain.

Despite occasional discomfort in my back I managed to get through the day without taking a pain pill.

8,515 steps today.

Joke of the day
There was a man who took very good care of his body.  Every day he lifted weights and jogged 6 miles.
One day he looked in the mirror and noticed that he was tanned all over, apart from on his ‘thing’, so he decided to do something about it.
He went to the beach, took off all his clothes and buried himself in the sand, except for his ‘thing’ which he left sticking out.
Two old ladies were strolling along the beach, one using a cane.  Upon seeing the ‘thing’ sticking up out of the sand, she began go move it around with her cane remarking to the other lady: “There’s no justice in the world!”
The other lady asked what she meant.
She replied: “Well, when I was 20, I was curious about it.”
“When I was 30, I enjoyed it.
When I was 40, I asked for it.
When I was 50, I paid for it.
When I was 60, I prayed for it.
When I was 70, I forgot about it.”
“Now when I’m 80, the damn things are growing wild on the beach and I’m too old to squat!”

No comments:

Post a Comment