Monday, June 3, 2019

Sunday, June 2, 2019


Last night I took my full Zopiclona and went to bed at 10:30 – with a blanket and all the windows closed.  I didn’t wake up until 6am, yay!  That’s 7 ½ hours.  I tried to go back to sleep but was unsuccessful and got up at 6:30.

I was going to go with Teresa to Santafe mall so she could return some clothes but I got a belated invitation from Jooks to meet for coffee at the Envigado mall.  We’re meeting at 10am so I left the apt at 9:40.

I arrived at Habia Una Vez at 9:50 and had a café con leche.  At 10am a loud exercise class started in the interior of the mall not far from me.  Jooks arrived at 10:30 and I suggested we go upstairs for coffee - a little further away from the noise.  We had coffee and he had a slice of carrot cake at Café Arangos.  We spent quite a bit of time discussing how to rent an apt.  He finally had to leave at 12:30.  I walked him down to Exito where I showed him a bulletin board with apts for sale and rent but none were one-bedrooms.
After I got him headed the right way back to the metro I called Chuck and he joined me at the mall 15 minutes later.  We went up to Best Burger in the restaurant area where we each had a burger and a Coke.  He asked the waiter multiple times NOT to put ketchup (catsup?) on his burger and he confided to me that it will still have ketchup on it. I bet him 2mil that it wouldn’t and I won.
We went down to Home Center and he looked at futons so he would have an extra bed in his spare bedroom.  He finally picked one out and he thought the price was based on one less expensive sign and I said it was based on another.  I bet him 2mil as to who was right and I won again.  He paid about 799mil for it and it’s to be delivered tomorrow for another 30mil.

We went next door to Todo Fresa where we had coffee.  I also had an individual size apple pie and he had a brownie.

We went upstairs to Dollar City looking for a cell phone charger for me with a cord longer than the 3 footer that I have in the apt but we were unsuccessful.  I’ll probably have to go to Monterrey mall to find one.

Back at the apt Teresa called me and she returned about 4pm.  She surprised me by suggesting we go see the “dog movie” tonight at 8:50pm at the mall.

We tried to take a nap from 4:30 to 5:30 but I ended up just resting not sleeping at all.

We left the apt at 8pm and walked to the mall.  Luckily, I was able to get two of about 6 remaining preferred seats to A Dog’s Journey (7.3) for 12,500 ($4) each.  I had planned in the time remaining before its 8:50 start to take Teresa upstairs to show her the memory foam mattress but she had other plans.  She said she was hungry so we went into the Platinum zone where she ordered chicken nugges, a large ham & cheese sandwich and a coconut lemonade.  We were so stuffed after all the food that there was no room for popcorn.  Because the movie was starting so late I didn’t want to drink a soda that might keep me up at night so I had brought my thermos filled with water.

We finished the food just in time to go in for the start of the movie – actually the previews and commercials.

I thought the movie was good but a little cheesy and afterward Teresa said it was only “so so” and she was expecting a different movie or maybe just something different.  I told her I didn’t know about any other “dog movie”.  As we exited the theater at 11pm guards directed us away from the main entrance and down towards the Home Center parking area.

Luckily, taxis soon arrived and after a 5-10 minute wait it was our turn and we were soon back at the apt.

I took my pills and read for about 45 minutes finally going to bed at midnight.

10,380 steps today.

Joke of the day
A man goes to the doctor with a long history of migraine headaches. When the doctor goes over his history and does his physical, he discovers that the poor guy has tried practically every therapy known to man for his migraines and STILL sees no improvement.
"Listen," says the doc, "I have migraines too and the advice I'm going to give you isn't really anything I learned in medical school, but it's advice that I've gotten from my own experience. When I have a migraine, I go home, get in a nice hot bathtub, and soak for a while. Then I have my wife sponge me off with the hottest water I can stand, especially around the forehead. This helps a little.
Then I get out of the tub, take her into the bedroom, and even if my head is killing me, I force myself to have sex with her. Almost always, the headache is immediately gone. Now, give it a try, and come back and see me in six weeks."
Six weeks later, the patient returns with a big grin.  "Doc! I took our advice and it works! It REALLY WORKS! I've had migraines for 17 years and this is the FIRST time anyone has ever helped me!"
"Well," says the physician, "I'm glad I could help."
"By the way, Doc," the patient adds, "You have a REALLY nice house."

No comments:

Post a Comment