Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Sunday, June 23, 2019


I got up once in the middle of the night, again at 6:30 and when I finally got up my watch said 7:30 but someone hit the wrong button as it was really 8:45.  Wow!

A quick check of the TV and a couple channels work and a couple say “sin seƱal”.

I checked online and saw that the US Men’s National Soccer team beat Trinidad & Tobago 6-0.

I left the apt at 10am and hadn’t walked a block when my back started bothering me.  Luckily I had brought my pill case and I took half an Excedrin Migraine, dry.  (So what, that injection alleviated the pain for less than 72 hours?)  I slowly felt better as I walked up to Avenida Poblado where I bought a cup of carrot juice that I poured in my water bottle thermos.  I walked to Starbucks in Poblado and then rested for about 30 minutes before returning to the apt.

All of the TV channels seem to be working now.

Teresa made chicken soup for lunch and then, having cooled off a bit, I went to take my shower.  Egad, no hot water.  There’s cold water and then there’s mountain cold, like here.  I took the world’s quickest shower and promised myself I would change the batteries in our on-demand hot water heater ASAP.

I watched Colombia defeat Paraguay 1-0.

I got an answer from the Nectar mattress company.  They do not have providers selling their mattress outside of the US.

We left the apt at 6:30, had pizza at Antica Pizza and were back by 7:30.

We rode the elevator up with a Dominos Pizza deliveryman and they have the same thing here as the US “delivery in 30 minutes for it’s free”.

I watched Murder Mystery (6.0) on Netflix, starring Jennifer Aniston and some guy.  Lol.

10,616 steps today.

Joke of the day
A Jewish man was leaving a convenience store with his espresso when he noticed a most unusual Italian funeral procession approaching the nearby cemetery.
A black hearse was followed by a second black hearse about 50 feet behind the first one. Behind the second hearse was a solitary Italian man walking a dog on a leash. Behind him, a short distance back, were about 200 men walking in single file.
The Jewish man couldn't stand the curiosity. He respectfully approached the Italian man walking the dog and said: "I am so sorry for your loss, and this may be
a bad time to disturb you, but I've never seen an Italian funeral like this. Whose funeral is it?"
"My wife's."
''What happened to her?"
"She yelled at me and my dog attacked and killed her."
He inquired further, "But who is in the second hearse?"
“My mother-in-law. She came to help my wife and the dog turned on her and killed her also.”
A very poignant and touching moment of Jewish and Italian brotherhood and silence passed between the two men.
The Jewish man then asked "Can I borrow the dog?"
The Italian man replied, "Get in line."

No comments:

Post a Comment