Monday, June 10, 2019

Sunday, June 9, 2019


Typical night last night, sleeping wise.  I got up at 8am, had oatmeal for breakfast, and left the apt at 9:40.  I walked to Starbucks and read some news on my cellphone for awhile.  On the way back to the apt I bought a large cup of orange juice for 2,500 pesos and put it in my thermos.  I was back at the apt by 11:35.

One of my readers wrote me: “Tix for Cirque de Soleil, yes, are pricey and indeed, a top price ticket (Premium Gold) figures out to US$227(!)
The next lower price level, the Platino, is US$139, still rather pricey. 
But then there's Lower Level General seating which is much less, at US$94.00. And the even lower priced Upper Level General seating is only US$54.00.

If this makes you cruious at all, here's a link to the pricing plus a seating map: https://www.eticket.co/paso1c.aspx?idevento=12544”

Teresa had already left for the finca.  I was going to have lunch at Jack & Root but I was afraid there wasn’t enough time.  I took a bus to Calle 10 and another up to Vizcaya mall.  I bought my ticket to Red Joan (6.3) for 7mil ($2) and when I turned around there was Dr. Rendon and his family.  They were in a great hurry and I checked my app and they were already 20 minutes later for Aladdin.  I was more than an hour early for mine so I went downstairs and had a Subway sandwich.  One of the girls working there asked if I know much Spanish and she got a chuckle out of my reply: “yo hablo un poco de español y entiendo menos”.
I played a couple games of chess on my Chess.com app and then went upstairs, made a visit to the restroom, bought a small popcorn and entered the theater.

The movie was interesting but the theater was freezing with me in my shorts and t-shirt.

I walked down to Avenida Poblado and on the way I walked past the new Pizza Hut restaurant, the first in Colombia.  I caught a bus back to the apt and was back by 5pm.

An hour later Teresa called me and asked me to meet her at MT’s apt and we would go for pizza.  When I arrived she had had a bowl of chicken soup and MT didn’t want to go with us.  Outside Teresa said she wanted to go somewhere different, like La Doctora where she could have fish and I could have ribs.  Then she got the idea of going to Go Wings.  I said “fine” and when we arrived she saw that it was a garage sized restaurant with only 4 tables.  We shared 6 chicken wings and I also had an individual order of coleslaw.  She had water and I ordered a Fuze tea but one sip was enough as it had no calories and tasted like it.

On the way back to the apt we stopped at N.Y. Pizza where I chatted with the owner.  He is from NY and says the pizza is authentic.  I promised to try it soon.

Back at the apt I showed Teresa the Cirque de Soleil website but I couldn’t see any other dates except October 9th and I know I saw a list at one time.  Also I couldn’t figure out how to buy tickets so maybe Jose can help me when he returns from vacation.

16,370 steps today.

Joke of the day
A lawyer married a woman who had previously divorced ten husbands. 
On their wedding night, she told her new husband, "Please be gentle, I'm still a virgin." 
"What??" said the puzzled groom. "How can that be if you've been married ten times?" 
"Well, Husband #1 was a sales representative: he kept telling me how great it was going to be. 
Husband #2 was in software services: he was never really sure how it was supposed to function, but he said he'd look into it and get back to me. 
Husband #3 was from field services: he said everything checked out diagnostically but he just couldn't get the system up. 
Husband #4 was in telemarketing: even though he knew he had the order, he didn't know when he would be able to deliver. 
Husband #5 was an engineer: he understood the basic process but wanted three years to research, implement, and design a new state-of-the-art method.  
Husband #6 was from finance and administration: he thought he knew how, but he wasn't sure whether it was his job or not. 
Husband #7 was in marketing: although he had a nice product, he was never sure how to position it. 
Husband #8 was a psychologist: all he ever did was talk about it. 
Husband #9 was a gynecologist: all he did was look at it. 
Husband #10 was a stamp collector: all he ever did was... God! I miss him! But now that I've married you, I'm really excited!" 
"Good," said the new husband, "but why?" 
"Oh, you're a lawyer. This time I know I'm gonna get screwed!"

8 comments:

  1. Hadn't heard today joke, Terry. Got a good guffaw out of it, thanx!

    (Apparently the tenth time is the charm.)

    Cheers!
    ==

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You surprise me sometimes with ones that you haven't heard bfore!

      Delete
  2. Terry, here's a link showing the dates that CIRQUE will be in Medellín:

    https://www.eticket.co/busqueda.aspx?buscar=cirque

    HTH

    PM
    ==

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, 18 days. We might be able to find some decent seats! Time will tell. Thanks, I guess you don't want me to do any work. lol.

      Delete
    2. Hope you get an opportunity to go. Just a thought: Don't choose a performance that follows two earlier performances on the same day since the cast might be a little less fresh from having worked two times already that day.

      Just FWIW . . .

      Cheers!
      ==

      Delete
  3. I thought all the performances were like at 7pm but I'll keep an eye out for that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Terry,

      A couple of the dates had two performances listed and at least one date showed that there are three(!) performances.

      Just FWIW . . .

      Delete
  4. Yeah, i saw that when i double checked.

    ReplyDelete