Monday, June 17, 2019

Sunday, June 16, 2019


Happy Fathers Day!

Last night when I went to bed at 11pm I could hear the pounding of the bass from some song.  Luckily, it soon stopped and I fell asleep.  One nice thing about these high rises is that they seem to know to knock off the noise at 11pm.  (Motorcycles are another thing entirely.)

I got up once during the night, noticed it was raining hard, finally waking/getting up at 7:30.  My back has been improving.  Still a little weak and sore but the pain has subsided quite a bit.

I watched Part 1, lessons 7-8 of Josh Rosen’s The London System DVD.

I watched Part 2, lessons 1-16 of Josh Rosen’s The London System DVD.

I watched the first half of the US vs Chile Women’s World Cup match.  The US was ahead 3-0 at halftime.  I watched the beginning of the 2nd half until we left the apt at 12:40.

Teresa called a taxi and we only had to wait a couple minutes for it to arrive.  It was a 9mil ride to the Marriott Hotel.  Before we could enter the hotel a woman checked our reservation against a list she had on her clipboard.

The room was medium sized but quite crowded with the tables pretty close to each other.  The brunch didn’t include anything in the way of breakfast items except cereal.  Teresa found out that the only seafood they had was shrimp and sushi so she ordered salmon from the ala carte menu.  I started with a couple of different salads, one being a vegetable salad and the other an apple salad, and a café con leche.  Later Teresa had a salad and a Sangria.  I had another café con leche and a few ribs and a piece of pork.  To top it all off I had a couple of little fancy desserts, one being a small cup of crème brulee.  Teresa said her salmon was delicious so she wants to return here for Christmas dinner.  The buffet is only 55mil but the total came to 159,353 ($48.75) including tip and tax.  Outside, we were led to a hotel taxi, a fancy SUV with A/C that ended up charging us 25mil for the return trip to the apt.

We were back just before 3pm.

I see that the final in the soccer match was US 3, Chile 0.  Their next match is 2pm Thursday against Sweden.

We left the apt about 6pm and met MT at the corner.  We walked to Percimon where we had frozen yogurt with your choice of fixings.  For the 3 of us it came to 23,100 ($7).

We then walked to Aymará where they had tea and I had a café con leche for 4mil.  We were in no hurry so I played a few games of chess on my cellphone.  I got to practice my openings but my results were not the best.

We walked MT down to Avenida Las Vegas where she could find her way home.

We arrived back at the apt at 7:45.

4,422 steps today.

Joke of the day
A pastor went to a nursing home for the first time to visit an elderly parishioner. 
Upon taking his seat, he noticed a bowl of peanuts beside her bed and took one. 
As they continued their conversation, he couldn’t help himself and ate one after another.
By the time they were through visiting, the bowl was empty.
He said, “Mrs. Jones, I’m so sorry, but I seem to have eaten all of your peanuts.”
“That’s fine,” she said. “They would have just sat there anyway.  Without my teeth, all I can do is suck the chocolate off and put them back in the bowl.”

5 comments:

  1. Terry, I haven't posted in a long time. I just want to tell you I enjoy your blog. If I ever make it down I want to take you and T. out to dinner......It will be several years though, at least.So you have plenty of time to decide where. 9 (-:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.
      Muy amable. If you are in this area the place to go is Otra Parte.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh, Terry... 'Twas the old hotel taxi overcharge gambit.

    I would've told the person leading me to a hotel taxi that I needed to go around the corner for something first, then I'd've hailed me a taxi on the street so as to not have been overcharged.

    ¡Pura 'Greeda'!
    ==

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now we both (Teresa and I) know. We could have walked half a block and taken a regular taxi.

      Delete