Sunday, May 19, 2019

Saturday, May 18, 2019


I slept through the night, waking at 5:30 and getting up at 6:15.

I left the apt at 9am and took the bus to El Poblado.  Traffic was good and I arrived a little after 9.  I picked up an envelope (garbage mail) and a package which must be Teresa’s second water bottle.  There was an additional 4,000 pesos charge for the package.

I took the bus back to Envigado and got off a block from the park.  I stopped at the ATM and made a withdrawal then bought some more loperamida (for diarrhea).  I went to the corner bakery where I had a café con leche for 1,800.

Chuck called me at 10:15 and we made plans to meet for lunch at Bartolos at 12:30.

I took an Envigado bus and got off at Smartfit and walked down the hill to the apt.

I gave Teresa her new water bottle and quickly, as usual, she said she didn’t like it.  She was trying to pour water into her mouth but there was a “straw” tube inside so you have to suck on the outside tip.  Once she caught on she decided she liked it after all.
I left the apt again just after noon.  At Avenida Poblado I just missed a Sabaneta bus and I had to wait 5-10 minutes for the next one.  I got off a block from the park and Chuck was waiting for me at Bartolos.  We both had the menu of the day – vegetable soup, chicken breast plate and juice for 14,000 ($4.50) each.

We moved to a fairly new bakery we hadn’t been to in some time where he had some strawberry “sundae” thingy with coffee and I had a peanut cookie and a café con leche for a total of 6,200 pesos ($2).  The peanut cookie couldn’t have been any drier but I managed after dunking it in my coffee.

We said our goodbyes about 3:15 and he went to the park to meet his wife and I went to the nature store where I bought a bottle of L-Arginine for 25,400 pesos ($5).

I quickly caught a bus to Smartfit and walked down to the apt arriving at 4pm.

Teresa was still at the apt.  She said she didn’t meet with her mother because it was raining.  (It only misted for about 15 minutes or so.)

I watched Chapter 13: Typical patterns and keeping the pressure on.

7,756 steps today.

Joke of the day
At a crowded city bus stop, a beautiful young woman wearing a tight leather skirt was waiting for a bus.
As the bus came, she realized her skirt was too tight to allow her leg to reach the bus’s first step.
Slightly blushing and with a quick smile to the bus driver, she reached behind her to unzip her skirt a little, thinking that this would give her enough slack to raise her leg.
She tried again to take the step, only to discover that she couldn’t.
So, becoming embarrassed, she reached behind to unzip her skirt again, and for the second time attempted the step.
But again, much to her embarrassment, she couldn’t raise her leg.
With an awkward smile to the driver, for the third time she reached behind to unzip a little more – but was again unable to make the step.
Seeing this, a large man standing behind her picked her up by the waist and placed her gently on the step of the bus.
The woman went ballistic, turned to the good samaritan, and screeched: “How dare you touch my body!  I don’t even know who you are!”
The man cheekily smiled and announced: “Well, ma’am, normally I would agree with you. But after you unzipped my fly three times, I kind’a figured we were friends.”

No comments:

Post a Comment