Monday, May 6, 2019

Sunday, May 5, 2019


Last night I went to bed as usual at 11pm.

I think I’ve figured out how to prevent at least my pre-bedtime back pain.  For my melatonin to kick in I lie on the sofa for about an hour reading but when I get up my back feels sore and weak.  I’ve discovered that if I sit up and read, with a pillow next to my lower back, for the last 10-15 minutes then I don’t have that back problem.

Anyway, when I went to bed last night I was surprised that Teresa had the fan in the bedroom on.  I quickly fell asleep but was awakened at 3:30am when Teresa turned off the fan and said “I turned off the fan”.  I certainly didn’t need that as it took me a while to get back to sleep.  Despite getting up once during the night I finally woke/got up just after 8am and Teresa was already gone.

I left the apt at 9:30 and today I didn’t take my cellphone or anything to read but I did take my new water bottle.  Between Santafe and Oviedo malls I noticed a man wearing a baseball cap with a “C” on it walking in the opposite direction.  By the time he passed me I saw that the inside was orange so it was probably a Chicago Bears hat.  I stopped in Oviedo at the book exchange.  They had a few books in English including a couple from Stephen King and Ken Follett.  Today they had the signout book there but again I couldn’t write down the book I took because there was no pen.  On the way back I looked for the man in the Bears hat but didn’t see him.  I did notice a small exercise class going on outside La Frontera mall but I think it was probably a one time thing.  I finished the water in my water bottle just as I arrived back at the apt at 11:30.

Teresa called me about 12:30 and told me she’s still at the finca but she will be leaving shortly.  Still I’m on my own for lunch.
I left the apt at 1:30 and walked up to Otra Parte.  I pretty much had my choice of tables so I took one outside next to their little fountain.  I had chicken with pasta and a Te Hatsu for 20,500 ($6.50).  I gave the waiter 25mil and told him to keep the change.  I took my time but was back at the apt by 2:30.

Teresa came back at 3pm and reported that the barbed wire fencing has been installed.

Did I mention that Chuck and Darnelly have returned to Medellin.  Chuck asked me to give him a few days to get organized before we get together.  They sold their house in New Orleans and are here permanently now.

I received a private message from someone from Expat Exchange with an interest in hearing more about Teresa’s finca.  I replied to his questions thus:
How many BR's? 4
Baths? 2
Sq. Meters? 181
Is it located on a paved road? No
Well/Septic I presume. Rain water tanks/don’t know.
Price in COP ? 300,000,000COP.

We took a nap from 3:30 to 4:40.

I watched Chapter 15 – Essential Endgames.

At 6:45 we called Go Wings and ordered chicken wings delivered for 34mil.

11,122 steps today.

Joke of the day
From Genesis: "And God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the earth."

Then He made the earth round... and He laughed and laughed and laughed!

No comments:

Post a Comment