Friday, October 20, 2023

Monday, October 16, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up once at 4:15, woke up at 6:30 and got up at 6:45. Yes, I’m still doing my Kegel exercises, I’m just not going to report it every time.

Today is a holiday, Dia de la Raza (aka Columbus Day)

For breakfast, I can’t believe I’m out of strawberry preserves; I thought I had 2 bottles in my closet. Wow, I guess I went through those fast. At least I know Exito has a lot in stock even though they’re small bottles.

I left the apt at 8:30 and was surprised to see a woman in the parking lot on a Segway. At the gym I completed my usual workout, but managed to get my treadmill time up to 3 minutes. There were a lot fewer people than usual, maybe by half.

Teresa wanted to go to the restaurant Amazonas in Mayorista and I figured I could buy more tea at Badia while we’re there. I had her call both places and there was no answer so obviously they’re closed for the holiday. New plan is…

We left the apt at 11:30 and took a Didi to a traditional Colombian restaurant, Viejo John in Sabaneta.





I had their solomito (sirloin steak) and it was tender and cooked perfectly. Teresa had robalo aka bass with sides of broccoli and avocado and ordered another fish to go (supper) for a total of 107,200 pesos ($25.25).

Troyclough resigned our game increasing my rating to 1554.

Teresa led me to a simple corner café (she had recently been there with a gf) where I had a café con leche and she had 2 tintos for a total of 5mil. At least my coffee was in a ceramic cup unlike her tintos which came in a cardboard cup.

We returned to the apt by Didi.

Teresa’s a little bummed out because her latest blood test shows she has high cholesterol. Although she won’t hesitate to eat chicharron, on occasion, I tried to explain it isn’t always because of your diet.

Tomas from Alepan texted me he now accepts Visa and Master Card. 😊

I’m just about caught up on my posts for our vacation. 😊 A few more days should do it.

I watched a little of the Chargers vs Cowboys game.

I was so tired I went to bed at 9:30.

 

BRILLIANT COMEBACKS



1 comment:

  1. What fish is robalo in English?
    Common snook - Wikipedia
    common snook I love Robalo - I though it was snook ??

    ReplyDelete