Tuesday, October 17, 2023

Monday, September 18, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 9:30, got up twice during the night, finally waking/getting up at 6:30. I thought Teresa had gotten up earlier but I found her in the quest bedroom.

Teresa got up half an hour later. I reminded her I need an appointment with my dermatologist



and she needs to talk to someone about our hot water heater problem.

Teresa tried to call my dermatologist but there was no answer. I decided to take the bull by the horns and go there. At 9:30 I took a Didi to Dr. Milton’s office in Ciudad del Rio, Consultario 2107. There were two young receptionists there and I told them I need an emergency appointment. They informed me his next available appointment would be in November. I told them I can’t wait that long. They told me if another doctor will do, I can see Dr. Angela Londono at 1:40pm today. That’s less than 4 hours so I accepted it, went downstairs and had a café con leche in De Lolita until about noon. I walked the 2 blocks to Mercado de Rio where I had a cheeseburger (minus fries, bacon, and onion ring) in Juicy Lucy with a Pepsi for 43,594 pesos ($11) and killed a little more time until 1:20.



I returned to the office and was soon invited in. She apologized for her English but it was much better than my Spanish.

My rash is an allergic reaction to something, perhaps soap. The wound on the back of my foot is infected. She gave me a prescription for 4 different medicines and even a free sample of another. 



I tried filling it downstairs but something was not available. I took a taxi to Todo Drogas figuring they would have everything. On the way my driver drove quite aggressively but whenever he changed lanes he ended up behind a slower car. 😊 Right where the lanes merge for the Envigado construction on Ave Poblado he rudely cut off a motorcycle and I heard a thump. He stopped the car and got out and had a jawing with the guy on the motorcycle who I think kicked his taxi.

At Todo Drogas they had everything except one item, Cetaphil. I bought everything else and asked at 4 more pharmacies on my walk back to La Buena Mesa but none had it. Pasteur, the final pharmacy I inquired at, didn’t have it either so I asked where I should be able to find it and he said, “Medipiel”. Back at the apt, Teresa showed me something similar she uses as a face wash.

Teresa informed me that we have hot water again. The muchacho just changed the battery and supposedly my Energizer Max isn’t a good brand. Lol. I’d like to see what brand he put in there but I’m not touching it!

My Shedrain order has shipped.

The guy who rents our parking spot stopped by and paid me 180mil for the 2 months of September and October.

I watched another episode of The Lincoln Lawyer.

 

Hilarious Memes



 

No comments:

Post a Comment