Tuesday, October 17, 2023

Saturday, September 23, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up once at 4:30, finally waking/getting up at 7:30. Wow, that might have been too much sleep. Teresa was already up.

Teresa said she would like to visit other countries in Europe like Italy. I explained my plan: 1. San Jeronimo for Christmas, 2. Punta Cana, DR next May, 3. Chicago summer of 2025 then the next year we can do Europe again. She said she’s okay with Punta Cana but she wants to stay for like 10 days. Since resort shows repeat each week, we might want to try 2 resorts for a week each. We’ll see.

I packed up my laptop, left the apt at 9:15 and stopped at the Gana kiosk where I paid the Tigo/Une bill of 68,512 pesos.

I continued on to Parva.

I found a new chess training method on Chessable.com.

Laura confirmed my American Airline clothing reimbursement of 746,471 was deposited into her account on August 29th. That allows me to not have to make A Smartfit deposit for the next 4-5 months.

I received a text from Fijaciones Orozco with 2 repair options: repair the keyless chuck for 180,880 pesos or replace it with a keyed chuck for 89,250 pesos. I went with the simpler, cheaper option. Ten minutes later he texted me it’s ready for pickup. They close at 1pm today so I’ll probably pick it up Tuesday morning.

I made plans to meet Glenn tomorrow for breakfast.

I left at 11:15 and bought up carrots and avocados in Ara. Luckily, I got ahead of 2 guys with full carts.

The past few days Teresa has been trying to remember where on our trip she had some delicious apple pie. This morning she was sure it was at one of the airports and was surprised I didn’t remember. She finally figured it out and it was on our cruise ship. At the buffet lunch Laura came back with a plate of various desserts and that’s where she had it. That I remember.

I beat a 6-year-old Magnus Carlsen at a game of chess.

There’s a chance of occasional storms this afternoon so I elected to stay in. We had some thunderstorms with rain starting about 3pm so I guess it was a wise decision.

For supper I ordered ribs from Mu; the price is still the same 111,000 pesos. They arrived earlier than usual, I guess they’re getting their act together.

I finished watching the TV series The Pacific on Netflix.

 

Hilarious Memes



 

No comments:

Post a Comment