Friday, October 20, 2023

Thursday, October 12, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up multiple times during the night, itching wouldn’t let me sleep so I got up at 1:30. I worked on the computer for 45 minutes then laid down on the recliner and slept until 4:15. I moved to the bed and woke/got up at 6:30.

At 8am I called a Didi to take me to Clinica Las Vegas on Ave Las Vegas. I had to put on my facemask to enter the building. I took an elevator up to the 4th floor and easily found the doctor’s office. She arrived right at 8:30 and a couple minutes later I was invited in. She wore a mask the whole time which didn’t make it any easier to understand her English. She used a translator on her phone a couple times and told me I have scabies. I asked about how long between exposure and symptoms and she said 5-8 days. My best guess is the infection point was the 2-star hotel we stayed at 2 nights in Lavrio. She wrote me a prescription which included:

Fexojandra – take one in the morning for 20 days.

Clorjeniranira, 4mg – to enduce drowsiness take one at night for 20 days.

Fucicort – 2x a day for the lesions on my leg.

Quanox – take 70 drops a day for 8 days.

Atoderm SOS Spray – apply to lesions for itching as needed.

She said Teresa and Laura should take the Quanox drops also, 1 drop for each kg of their weight.

The office visit was 190mil and my next appointment is October 26th at 8:30.

I stopped downstairs and bought all the medications except the Atoderm SOS Spray for 435,600 pesos ($103). Outside I caught a bus to Viva Envigado for 2,850 pesos. I made an ATM withdrawal, paid the Claro bills, printed my blood draw order for next month in Auros, and bought the Atoderm SOS Spray in Linea Estetica for 42,857 pesos ($10). I had a latte in Urbania for a bit.

Teresa texted me asking for lettuce and potatoes which I bought in Exito before returning to the apt by taxi.

I explained everything to Teresa but she’s not interested in taking the Quanox drops.

I left again about 2pm and had a latte in Los Porteños. At 4pm we had a downpour for about 5 minutes.

Teresa texted me and asked me to pick up a loaf of pan de maiz at Parva which I did for 12mil.

In Na Pizza, workers are busy putting down a new tile floor.

I stopped at the new restaurant Bastardo to check out their menu. They have steaks, ribs, pizza, and lasagna so I shouldn’t starve there. They have salmon so Teresa should be okay.

I heard cheering twice which means Colombia scored 2 goals against Uruguay. Interestingly, I saw the goals first at Bastardo followed by a 5-second delayed cheering across the courtyard.

Back at the apt, I dug my driver’s license out of its hiding place and I now see the other one expired on my birthday and this new one expires in 2027 so I’m glad it made it here.

The final was Colombia 2, Uruguay 2.

Teresa went to bed early at 8:30.

 

Meanwhile in Canada



 

No comments:

Post a Comment