Thursday, October 19, 2023

Tuesday, September 26, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 9:30, got up once during the night, woke up at 5am, couldn’t fall back asleep, did my Kegel exercises and got up at 5:30. Teresa was up by 6am.

I had a latte in Los Porteños from about 8am to 9am. I took an Envigado bus to Panamericana where I inquired if they had, or could order, 2 books in Spanish for Teresa:

Proof of Heaven by Dr. Eben Alexander

The Truth About the Shroud of Turin by Robert K. Wilcox.

Nope! This weekend I’ll look for them at the used book store in Envigado.

I took a taxi to Monterrey mall where I found a store that sold combination laptop locks, Triangulo Digital, local 147. They have one that would work for my computer for only 25mil. I should have come here to begin with instead of ordering one from Amazon. Lesson learned, I hope! I gave them my mismatched lock and wished them luck in selling it. I took a taxi to Fijaciones Orozco where I picked up my repaired Skil power drill for 89,950 pesos. Now to see if I can sell it somewhere. I returned to the apt by Didi by 10:15.

I see I only paid 180mil ($42.50) for it 7 years ago so I posted it on Facebook. If anyone wants it all they have to do is come pick it up.

I sent an email to Booking.com requesting a credit for our August 30th non-pickup in Madrid.

I received the following email regarding our end of the year reservation in San Jeronimo:

Hello Terry! You have successfully made your pre-reservation, to make it effective you must follow the following steps:

1. Make the payment of 50% of the total amount to the Bancolombia savings account 24000006294 in the name of Marketing Hotelero by Seroz s.a.s NIT 901682978.

2. Once the payment has been made, you must send us proof of payment to our WhatsApp numbers 3015246800, 3137837001 or 3015629690.

3. Finally, you must wait for your reservation to be confirmed through this medium and/or the WhatsApp to which you sent proof of payment.

Note: Once the pre-reservation has been generated, you have a period of 12 hours to make the initial 50% payment; if you do not do so, your reservation could be cancelled. If you travel with a pet, remember that there is an additional CHARGE: less than 9.9 kilos- $30,000 pets weighing more than 10 kilos $40,000 (this amount will be charged at check-in)

Below you will find relevant information about your reservation: Total amount of the reservation: COP 4560261.65 Check-In Date: Saturday, December 23, 2023 Check-Out Date: Tuesday, January 2, 2024

We remain attentive to any concerns. Cordially, Administration Hotel Villa Alicia By Seroz”

Teresa stopped by briefly on her way to Clinica Las Americas. She’s going to meet up with her friend Magely (sp?) for lunch.

I packed my laptop, left the apt at 1:30 and took a Didi to the mall. I recycled a few plastic bottles then went up to the banking area where I withdrew 2 million pesos. After a short wait at the consignacion machine I deposited 2,282,000 pesos into the hotel’s account.

Downstairs in Urbania, the young waitress that’s practicing English introduced herself as Nadia.

I connected to Urbania’s Wi-Fi and see it’s limited to 2 hours. Maybe it’s something new and that’s why there aren’t many people here. Of course, there’s also Viva Envigado’s Wi-Fly.

I Whatsapp’d a copy of my deposit to the hotel and they acknowledged receiving it.

I called Teresa and asked if she wanted to see the 7:20 showing of Retribution. She said, “yes”. I bought 2 preferred tickets for a total of 31,200 pesos ($7.75). I need to see 6 more movies this year to earn my Platinum card. Only problem was the movie starts at 8:20, not 7:20.

Teresa arrived about 6pm with her friend Magely. Teresa was going to get chicken from KFC, only because Laura mentioned how good it was. (Maybe she was talking about the original recipe.) In the end she changed her mind and we all had sandwiches from Subway. We left the food court at 8pm and headed downstairs to Cine Colombia. I bought a Cine Combito for 15,300 pesos ($3.75) and we headed into the theater. I think they only had about a dozen customers but 2 in our aisle talked through much of the movie. The movie was good but there were a few red herrings, if that is the proper term. 1. Liam Neeson is supposed to keep driving his car without stopping but he never seems to encounter a red light where he might face cross traffic. 2. Sitting in his car he’s (a bank executive) supposed to shoot another man sitting in a car about 30-40 yards away.

We returned to the apt by taxi and finally got to bed at 11pm.

 

Meanwhile in Canada



No comments:

Post a Comment