Tuesday, October 17, 2023

Tuesday, September 19, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up once during the night, finally waking/getting up at 6am. Teresa was already up.

It was nice to take a shower in warm water again.

Since my D-battery was “bad” I asked Teresa for the one the muchacho removed from the heater. She said he used the same battery (must have seated it differently somehow) but he recommended “Bateria Alcalina tipo D Butur Eneiyerser GP La Mejor color verde” if I can read her writing correctly.

We have no bagels or bread for toast and Teresa needs to leave early for eps so I volunteered to have breakfast in Viva Envigado.

I left the apt at 7:30 and walked to the mall. Part of the sidewalk outside is under repair.

I had the complete breakfast in Habia Una Vez for 18,900 pesos ($5).

In Medipiel I found the Cetaphil urea 20% but, in a cream, not a lotion for 108mil ($28). The girl said the lotion can’t be found in Medellin.

In Home Center I looked for the “green” D-batteries. I asked a muchacho and he said they’re “agotado” (out of stock). I looked at the display and there was only one empty spot and he looked at the back of the price thingy and it was for C batteries so it appears they don’t carry it in ‘D’ batteries.

I went to use a restroom but the whole floor was recently mopped. I moved to another one and it had been recently mopped also. The cleaning lady pointed to the family restroom. I went in and the stall had a small urinal about a foot off the floor and the smallest toilet I’ve ever seen, so no. I went up to the 2nd floor and was happy I had beaten the cleaning ladies to that restroom.

I had a latte in Urbania while organizing our travel receipts.

I checked out the bagels in Al Alma but didn’t see any I liked.

In Exito they didn’t have the green D batteries either. I bought broccoli, carrots and lettuce before returning to the apt by taxi.

I must be sleeping better lately because my eyes don’t feel as tired as they used to.

Teresa asked me about going to the Dominican Republic for Christmas and New Years. I informed her that’s the worst time of the year to go because all the kids in the US are out of school. I suggested Casa Verano again in Santa Marta. Teresa wanted to invite her mother but all the rooms are for 1-2 people so she’d have to have her own room. I gave her the phone number to call but then she remembered she has a friend with an apt nearby and on the beach. To be continued.

I left the apt at 2:30, bought a sleeve of 6 sesame seed bagels in Eduardo Madrid and had a latte in Los PorteƱos, returning to the apt by 5pm.

I showed Teresa the trailer in Spanish for Sound of Freedom and it literally took her 2 seconds to realize this is the movie she asked to see a couple months ago. Too late for today but we’ll probably see it tomorrow night.

I checkmated Troyclough in 32 moves increasing my rating to 1567.

I went to bed at 9:45.

 

Hilarious Memes



No comments:

Post a Comment