Monday, October 30, 2023

Sunday, October 29, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up at 11pm to put medicine on a few itchy spots I had missed hour earlier, waking/getting up at 6:15.

I think today is election day in Colombia.

I’ve played Magnus Carlsen on Play Magnus app and have 4 wins and 2 draws playing him at ages 5, 6, 7, 7 ½, 8, and 9. He was a grandmaster at 13 so he’s got to start winning soon.

We left the apt at 8am and it wasn’t long before I realized I forgot my sunglasses. It was a little longer I realized I forgot to bring the book I wanted to exchange at Sweet Georgia. I was amazed to see all the cars parked along Ave Las Vegas for those that wanted to vote today.

We had no problem finding a table at Hija Mia. I had their French toast and Teresa had some egg dish (lots of protein, she said) and we each had 2 lattes for a total of 110,000 pesos ($27).

I ordered another Didi and our driver Ann picked us up and dropped us off at El Tesoro mall. We arrived a few minutes before 10 and only then realized they don’t open until 11am on Sundays.

I saw this “Rueda de Chicago” (Ferris wheel) down one wing of the mall.




Per Wikipedia, The term Ferris wheel comes from the maker of one of the first examples constructed for Chicago's World's Columbian Exposition by George Washington Gale Ferris Jr. in 1893.

Teresa used a couple of cards (credit) to buy something in Zara. She found something in Prochampions and something else in Medipiel. For lunch we shared a bowl of beet soup, a sandwich and had lattes in Valentina’s Bakery for 69,500 pesos ($17).

A few children were in Halloween costumes.



I found Ben Johnson’s Perpetual Chess podcasts on Spotify which helped keep me sane while Teresa was shopping.

We left at 2:30 and returned to the apt by taxi. Teresa soon left to visit her mother with gifts for her sisters that she picked up in Greece.

I watched another episode of Succession.

I ordered The Amateur’s Mind: Turning Chess Misconceptions into Chess Mastery from Amazon for $17.20 + $12.07 (shipping & handling) = $29.27 (free with my gift card) direct to Colombia expected arrival November 21st.




Teresa returned at 5:30.

I took my Chiclayo leftovers out of the fridge to warm up. I ate some peanuts waiting for the Bears game to start then Teresa came home with a salad which I wasn’t interested in. I ate my Chiclayo chicken before the game.

I watched the Bears lose again, this time to the L.A. Chargers 30-13.

 

BRILLIANT COMEBACKS



No comments:

Post a Comment