Friday, October 20, 2023

Wednesday, October 18, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 9:45, got up once during the night, woke up at 5:30 and got up at 6am.

Teresa is supposed to receive her injection today but doesn’t know when the guy will come.

I left at 8am and completed my usual workout in Smartfit. A lot more people than usual, maybe the 8-9am time period is more popular than the 9-10am period. Today I noticed a lot of guys had beards. 😊 As I was leaving, I heard someone speaking English. His name is Patrick, he’s from Dallas, Texas and he’s been here 14 years. He said his parents even moved here. I was back at the apt by 9am. Still leaking coming, going, and while there.

Teresa left at 9:15 for her gym class hoping the injection guy doesn’t come while she’s gone.

I called Charles Schwab and the first rep confirmed I have a $0.14 balance. She transferred me to another rep to handle the transfer. I requested they send it to Capital One but they “no longer have that on file”. The same with my other banks. Apparently, they are no longer available after I closed my account. The remaining options are they can send me a check or we can just write it off. Since it is only $0.14, I said to just write it off. No need to bother myself and others with receiving, signing, and depositing 14 cents in one of my banks in the US.

Teresa returned just after 10am and said the injection guy hasn’t come yet. I guess she talked to the porteros.

I called Social Security and had the usual hour wait to speak to someone. When I finally did, bottom line is because Colombia recognizes I am married I don’t qualify for “surviving divorced spouse benefits”. Even if I did qualify, it sounds like I would only be eligible if Annette’s SS was more than mine. I’m betting her SS wasn’t that big but her pension was.

At 12:15 Teresa went down to the porteria and picked up her injection. She said it’s worth more than 2 million pesos. Now she just has to get someone to give it to her.

After 2pm we had another amazingly strong thunderstorm come through.

I’ve decided I’m going to see The Creator (7.1) at Vizcaya at 5pm today. I’m afraid if I don’t go today it’ll be gone tomorrow. Teresa may go with me depending on how she’s feeling.

Teresa has an 8am appointment tomorrow in Prado and I have to go with her as her supporter (designated driver?).

At 4pm I took a Didi to Vizcaya where I bought a preferred ticket for 5,000 pesos ($1.20) – half price Wednesdays. I’m 5 visits away from qualifying for my 2024 platinum card. I waited until 10 minutes before showtime then bought a Subway sandwich to sneak in. I bought a large Coke and small popcorn and arrived at my seat a couple minutes after the trailers started.

The movie was only okay with about 2 dozen people in attendance; I had a hard time telling one side from the other let alone the good guys from the bad guys.

I soon had a Didi to take me back to the apt.

 

BRILLIANT COMEBACKS



 

No comments:

Post a Comment