Sunday, October 29, 2023

Saturday, October 28, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, minimal itching, waking/getting up at 6:15. Wow, I think I slept through the night! 😊

I left the apt at 8:40, got my haircut from Daniel and picked up my medications from Todo Drogas for 531,900 pesos ($128), 450mil of which was for my rash. (I didn’t recognize any of the workers, maybe they changed management?) I was walking down the street when a woman behind me stepped on the end of my heel. It wasn’t a big deal but I thought she was going to hug me in her attempt to apologize. 😊 Three blocks away I stopped at a relojeria I’ve visited before to buy a battery for my step counter. There was a makeshift sign on the door, something about the guy went to pick up his daughter from school. Next time, I guess. Three more blocks to a tienda where I bought 10 more closet hangers for 7,000 pesos.

When I arrived at Parque de La Fecundidad there was some construction going on:

AA Parque de La Fecundidad

If your Spanish is good enough you might be able to zoom in and translate what it is they’re building. (A woman in the foreground was feeding corn to the pigeons.)

I continued on to Parva (noticeable leaking) where I made a trip to the restroom. I ordered my café con leche and took a seat at one of the 2 4-tops by the window. A few minutes later I needed to make another trip to the restroom. The flush wasn’t very strong and nothing went down. I tried a couple more times using their cheap plunger but no luck. I finally took their toilet brush and forced it down with another flush. That all took a few minutes. As I was walking out of the restroom a waitress was removing my things from my table’s bench. I asked what happened and she apologized. I understood another woman wanted that table but she quickly took another.

Teresa left me a voice mail asking me to pick up 2 ripe plantains. I left at 11:30 and bought 2 in Ara on my way back to the apt.

I left again at 2pm and had a latte in Eduardo Madrid while starting my study of Part 6 – Endgames for Class “A” (1800-1999). So far, so good. I heard some commotion and looked outside and it appeared there was some type of accident. A young man wearing what looks like a t-shirt for the garbage men was lying down. It took a few minutes but they helped him into an ambulance; it looked like he had a problem with his shoulder.





Teresa called and asked me to pick up a slice of carrot cake. About 4pm I returned to the apt with the carrot cake. It started sprinkling as I approached our complex. As usual she took a few bites of the cake and left the rest for me.

About 5:30 Teresa suggested we order delivery from Chiclayo. I did, we ate half our food, and saved the rest for another day. I had carrot cake for dessert.

I downloaded Spotify so hopefully I can listen to Ben Johnson’s Perpetual Chess podcasts.

I watched another episode of Succession.

According to my bank my payment to Barnes & Noble for Matthew Walker PhD’s Why We Sleep went through but the book didn’t download to my Nook. I corrected the address in B&N for my debit card so we’ll see if that works.

 

BRILLIANT COMEBACKS



1 comment:

  1. Terry, maybe the lady that stepped on your heal was trying to catch herself a Gringo. So she thought if she hugged you she would have a better chance!! Just kidding, but maybe??
    Jack Williams

    ReplyDelete