Tuesday, October 17, 2023

Thursday, September 21, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 11pm, got up once during the night, finally waking/getting up at 6:15. Teresa got up half an hour later.

I see A Haunting in Venice is playing so I might see that soon. Interesting that it doesn’t show a rating on IMDB so it probably hasn’t opened in the States yet.

I left the apt at 10:15 and walked to Otra Parte for coffee. I took a spot usually used by digital nomads and I noticed almost all the tables were taken by people with laptops. In the hour and a half I was there the only service I got was when a girl dropped off a menu. Incredible country. In that 90-minutes I went from wanting a latte, to wanting a limonado de coco, to wanting a Coke with ice, to not wanting anything.

I left the apt at 2:30 and walked to Parva where I had an Oreo milkshake. I left at 5pm, bought a medium tres leche cake at Pepo’s for 25mil and returned to the apt.

We left at 6:45 and walked with the carry-on, cake and my plastic envelope of our trip details to Marcos’ and Johanna’s apt #605.

We sat at their kitchen table which was a little hard on my eyes from the light right in front of me.

Marcos and I talked about a number of issues and Teresa and Johanna talked about…who knows? Marcos and Johanna are leaving next April 30th for a week in Barcelona followed by the rest of May in Italy. Teresa has been pressuring me to find a vacation spot in Santa Marta for Christmas. It seems a little late in the year to be looking for a Christmas vacation. We’re going to get together for dinner some night.

 As we were walking home, Teresa declared now that she’s seen Europe she’d like to see the Dominican Republic or South America, specifically mentioning Argentina, Brazil, and Peru. She said she would be okay with my checking out the “film center” hotel in Santafe de Antioquia so I can save money for next May’s trip.

 

Hilarious Memes



No comments:

Post a Comment