Friday, October 27, 2023

Thursday, October 26, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, had an awful time with itching, got up once at 1:15, waking/getting up at 6:30.

To answer one of my blog readers, Robalo is bass.

I left the apt just before 8am and walked down the hill and immediately caught an Envigado bus stuck in traffic. On the way I noticed a cool looking café, Panaderia Amaranto (Calle 17C #44-177, piso 2) which I see opens at 8am. (Another time, as today I have to pick up a few things at Exito in Viva Envigado.)

I checked out the cafés inside clinica Las Vegas but nothing special and not a place to really hang out. Upstairs I had a 15-minute wait to see Dr. Uribe. She agreed my rash is much worse than before. Now she says it’s an allergy. “To what?”, I asked. Pollution, the weather, the water, could be anything. Sounds strange to me it would come up so suddenly.

She gave me a few samples of a liquid she wants me to use as soap in the shower. I’m to continue the pills I take in the morning and evening for another month. She recommended a body cream I should put on twice a day. My next appointment is November 24th at 8:30am. The receptionist said there was no charge for today’s consultation 😊 but there will for the next one.

I went downstairs to Botica Junin to get my prescription filled. A girl ran across the street to get one of my medications. The total came to 240,400 pesos ($57).

Across the street I quickly caught an Envigado bus to Viva Envigado. The stores weren’t open yet so I had a latte in Urbania. I won another game against Troyclough increasing my rating to 1555. I left about 11:15, bought a few things in Exito and returned to the apt by taxi.

A few minutes later I realized I forgot to buy more of that desensitizing cream for my “scabbies”. Even later I realized I forgot to buy a bag of treats for Halloween and another AOX Therapy that Teresa needs. I guess I’ll be returning soon.

Opening today in Cine Colombia:

·     Killers of the Flower Moon (8.2)

·     Taylor Swift: The Eras Tour (8.4)

I left the apt again at 2pm and had a large latte in Los Portenos while rereading Part 5 of my chess book - Endgames for Class “B” (1600-1799). This time I did better on the test but still not perfect.

I left at 4:45 and bought 2 bags of milk on the way back to the apt.

There’s a warehouse next to Ara where there has been a lot of construction going on the past few weeks. Today I noticed the decoration they are doing to the warehouse’s façade matches Ara’s. I agree with Teresa it appears Ara is expanding into the warehouse.

At 5:30 a downpour started.

I had purchased the eBook I’ll be Gone in the Dark on Barnes & Noble but all they sent me was a sample. I’m trading emails with them to get the whole book or a store credit.

I finished a couple more episodes of Succession.

Teresa wants me to take her for breakfast Sunday to Hija Mia so I notified Glenn I probably won’t be meeting him for breakfast.

 

BRILLIANT COMEBACKS





No comments:

Post a Comment