Thursday, October 19, 2023

Sunday, October 8, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up once during the night, woke up at 6:10, did my Kegel exercises, couldn’t fall back asleep and got up at 6:30.

The Weather Channel was predicting rain so I took my jacket and my large umbrella.

Today there is definitely Ciclovia on Ave Poblado. I walked to Sao Paulo and took a seat in Olivenza restaurant. I had a croissant with a latte. Glenn and Bianca arrived about 15 minutes later.

Again I recommended the move The Man From Earth (7.8) to him. I showed him my chess book on endgames and how only about 100 pages are relative to me (meaning my current strength). He has to see an eye doctor because his eye problem may not be glaucoma after all. We are both happy the CER (Currency Exchange Rate) is now over 4,300 pesos to the USD. I told him next Thursday, October 12th they will announce our COLA (Cost of Living Adjustment) for next year and it should be about 3.1-3.2%. I showed him some wedding photos.

I left about 11am and walked back to the apt. Teresa had left me a meat and potato postre so I ate one of those.

I was going to go to Los Porteños but I remembered we’re out of eggs and milk. I walked to the mall and had a latte and a slice of carrot cake in Urbania.




That was one of the freshest, tastiest slices of carrot cake I’ve had. One thing I noticed it looked like there was a little arequipe between the two halves.

 I left about 5pm and bought milk and eggs in Exito before returning to the apt by taxi.

I sent an email to my dermatologist explaining everything is better except my “rash”. She said to call for an appointment but she’s not going to be in the office this week.

Teresa and I waited in the porteria until just after 7pm when Esmeralda and Alejandro arrived (they no longer have a car so they walked from the metro). I ordered a Didi to take us to Antica pizza. They were busy so we shared a counter with the ladies sitting inside and the guys on stools outside. From now on I’m going to have to eat their pizza with a fork, their crust is so thin it doesn’t support the ingredients when you try to pick it up. We walked down the block and caught the bakery before they closed and bought 2 pastries for the porteros. I thought we were going to catch a taxi back to our apt but Teresa said the ladies wanted to walk a bit. Alejandro explained that they need to “catch up”. When we reached Todo Drogas I thought we might as well just continue walking back to the apt, which we did. I excused myself to go to the bathroom. The elevator seemed to be stuck on the 3rd floor and I had to take the stairs. What they didn’t know is that I was leaking on the entire walk and my pad was full, my underwear was soaked in front and the crotch of my pants were wet. I changed and went back downstairs with the book from the Prado Museum to show them. They soon had to go so I ordered a Didi to return them to their apt. Upstairs I shared with Teresa what happened and that in the future I’d be better off ordering a Didi.

I saw a little of the SF game, Brock Purdy is an incredible QB for the last pick in the draft.

 

Meanwhile in Canada



No comments:

Post a Comment