Thursday, October 19, 2023

Thursday, October 5, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 9:45 got up twice during the night, woke up at 6:30, did my Kegel exercises, and got up at 6:45.

Today is Teresa’s birthday.

It looks like I’m going to be up a Bishop after that trap I set for Troyclough.

I left the apt at 8:45 in my convertible pants and a t-shirt and walked to the mall. I recycled a couple pill bottles, printed some chess notes in Auros, and stopped in Starbucks. Smart ass that I am, I asked the cashier for “a blueberry muffin to go, please”. He scrunched up his face and said, “que?”. I repeated it but this time in Spanish, “un muffin de arandanos para llevar por favor”. I guess he thought I just repeated what I had said in English because he called another barrista over. I repeated it slowly in Spanish and this time he understood. 😊

I stopped at an ATM where I made a medium sized withdrawal.

I took my blueberry muffin to Urbania where I ate it with a latte (and the ever-present glass of ice water). I continued studying my chess endgame book while continuing my game with Troyclough where I’m now up a bishop. A girl sitting next to me working on her laptop asked me something but all I caught was “learn” and “chess”. I used my translator for a brief conversation before we returned to our respective vices. Actually, I think she was working.

Teresa texted me and asked me to pick up tortillas and lettuce at Ara.

I left just after 11am and ran into Charles Turner sitting near the entrance to the mall. He’s having a problem with his hip and will be seeing a doctor about getting an injection to give it time to heal. While sitting there I saw Chris Cajoleas pass by from a distance. Charles has a book he wants me to read so we’ll probably be meeting for coffee in the near future.

Exito was out of Mexican salsa but they had plenty of Smucker’s preserves (cherry, strawberry, and raspberry).




I also saw a lot of Kraft products also,

I bought milk, tortillas, and lettuce and returned to the apt by taxi.

Teresa has a doctor’s appointment and mammography at 3pm and 3:30 on calle 7.

The portero called and a woman brought up a bouquet of flowers for Teresa. Laura sent them using Flores de mi Tierra.




At 2pm we took a Didi to Cedimed Intermedica on calle 7. I paid 233,700 pesos ($55) for Teresa’s mammography and echography. I had a café con leche (more like a leche con café) outside at Il Capuccino while waiting for Teresa to return. When she did we went to the next door restaurant Boulevard where Teresa had a Cesar salad and a latte. I made a trip to the restroom and encountered this unusual design. Notice anything unusual?




Besides the fact there is no toilet seat, standing at the urinal the towel dispenser is in your face.

We returned to the apt by taxi.

I opened my last, although large, bag of salted-in-the-shell peanuts and ate some with my last cold Coke. Bears are up 27-3 at halftime against the Washington Commanders. I hope they are still up this much at the end of the 3rd quarter so Bagent can get some time at QB. Washington came back but the Bears held them off and won 40-20. That was fun!

 

Meanwhile in Canada



No comments:

Post a Comment