Saturday, October 17, 2015

Friday, October 16th, 2015



Shortly after getting into bed last night it started raining hard.  I’m not sure what time it stopped.  Teresa got up to use the bathroom sometime during the night.  I got up once at 5:30, slept intermittently after that, Teresa got up at 7:15 and I got up at 8:40.    

Giraldo showed up at 8:45 and got back to work cutting the water channel in the wall.

I checked imdb.com and “Opening This Week” is back.  I would like to see Bridge of Spies (8.5) starring Tom Hanks and maybe Truth (5.0) starring Robert Redford.

Locally, The Martian (8.3) is playing at El Tesoro.

At 10:45 its 66 degrees inside the finca and it’s still humid.  At this same time, Giraldo reached the outer wall.

Wow!  First time through my new writing assignment in Rosetta Stone I only achieved a score of 13%.  I scored 43% on the second attempt.  This is going to take a while.

At 2pm the outlet pipe was installed.  He still has to connect it to the sink, install the kitchen faucet, enclose the outlet pipe, etc.

The temperature is only 70 degrees but the barometer has moved between humid and normal so maybe that’s the end of the rain for awhile.

At 3pm he finished installing the kitchen faucet.

When it came time to install the inlet water pipe next to the outlet pipe he found there wasn’t enough room for both so he had to do some more trimming.  

He connected the inlet tube to the faucet.

The barometer is back in the humid area again so maybe rain is coming.
In Chess Magnet School I was promoted to Defender.
The Colombian Peso closed for the week at 2,883.

Giraldo left at 7:45.  I understand the kitchen won’t be finished now until Monday.  (He’s taking Sunday off because it’s his wife’s birthday.)  Here’s how the kitchen looks at the end of Day #12:




The first photo hasn’t changed much.  Maybe you can see the tile on the top of the wall.  In the second photo you can see the newly installed sink with the water connections underneath.  In the third photo you can see the water pipes: the large one is the outflow and the smaller one above it is the inflow.  You can also see a corner of the old sink.  I asked Teresa if we were going to throw it out but she believes she can sell it for 60 or 70mil.

I understand Laura doesn’t have English class tomorrow – for some reason.
I started watching 1972’s Frenzy (7.5).

Giraldo called and Teresa asked him to add 20mil to our cell phone.
No rain today.

I took my sleeping pills at 10:30 and went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment