Monday, October 19, 2015

Saturday, October 17th, 2015



I slept well until 3:30am when I got up to use the bathroom.  After that I couldn’t get back to sleep.  I got up at 5am to take an Excedrin Migraine for a little pain behind my eyes.  While I was up I heard a rooster crow so I guess it must have seen the first rays of the sun.  The dogs started their barking contest about 6am when the sun was really up.  (Mornings are usually noisier on the weekends when people visit their fincas and bring their dogs with them.)  I finally gave up trying to get back to sleep and got up at 7am.

Giraldo arrived at 8am with some arepas and cheese.  I gave him 10mil for the food and another 20mil for recharging the cell phone.

Giraldo got the faucet working; now we have water again in the kitchen.  He patched the water pipes in the wall.  He removed the old sink and stored it in the back shed.  He removed the old bricks that were supporting the sink.

I took a nap from noon to 1pm.

At 1:25 I heard thunder in the distance.  At 2:20 I heard thunder overhead and this time Teresa went out back and brought in the laundry.  At 3:10 more thunder but still no rain.

Giraldo left at 4:30.  We gave him 150mil for work done thus far.
Here’s the kitchen changes for today: 




Giraldo plastered over the exposed tubes, installed the electric outlets, removed the old sink and the bricks that were supporting it.  I understand he will return Monday morning to do some painting and caulking.
Chess Magnet School promoted me to Protector.

I was able to login to Slingbox 500 using Mozilla Firefox and the display reported my “Bandwidth Capacity: Excellent; Bitrate 2000 Kbps; Streaming”.  Sometimes I see the Bitrate go down as low as 200 and Bandwidth fall to “poor” and the program freezes.

Speaking of freezes, the temperature got up to 72 degrees today.

I watched game one of the NL Championship Series which the New York Mets won 4-2 over the Chicago Cubs.

We’re going to Envigado early tomorrow to buy a few things at Exito and Home Center and plan to be back before the Chicago Bears game at noon.  Teresa has a cold and I know she wants to buy some medicine at the pharmacy next to Exito.  I set the alarm on my cell phone for 7am.

I took my sleeping pills at 11pm and went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment