Thursday, October 29, 2015

Wednesday, October 28th, 2015



I got up once at 1:30, finally waking/getting up at 8am and no, it didn’t rain overnight.

The same kitchen cabinet guys showed up at 9am, had a talk with Teresa and left 35 minutes later.  I understand they don’t have anyone to finish the chairs so I had them call my guy – Alvaro Alvarez.  I don’t know if he’s busy or what’s going on.

I spent an hour and 10 minutes talking to a Barnes & Noble rep about my Nook problem.  We did an “erase and de-register” to the device but after that I was sure I had a hardware not a software problem.  When I mentioned I live in South America she said something about a Nook not being able to work outside of the US so I asked to speak to a supervisor.

I talked to a supervisor for another 20 minutes and was told that yes it would work outside the US but of course I need to pay using a US credit/debit card.  I already knew that.  Of course, my device is long out of warranty and I don’t have a local store I can take it to as credit towards a new device.  I had them deactivate it and I ordered a Nook Glowlight Plus with a case for $165.79.  It apparently ships UPS but the order form didn’t allow me to enter a 2nd line address to direct it to Colombia so I hope someone at MBE in Miami will lookup my name and redirect it properly.

My medical insurance payment is due on the 1st of the month which is Monday but that’s a holiday here, Sunday the banks are closed and Saturday they close early.  Teresa called Natalia and found out it would be best if we took care of that payment on Friday.  That’s the day we’re going to Itagui to get my prostate biopsy results interpreted.

At 2:15 it started raining lightly but it only lasted a couple minutes.

I made waffles for Teresa and I for dinner.

I took my sleeping pills at 11pm and went to bed.

T-shirt of the day: Make it good and make it easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment