Friday, October 16, 2015

Thursday, October 15th, 2015



I woke up about 6am thanks to the dueling dogs.  I made a trip to the bathroom about 7am finally getting up at 8am.

Giraldo arrived just before 9 and he and Teresa spent some time together in the utility room.  Later I found he had put up some tiles on the wall around the sink.

At 9am it was 66 degrees in the finca.  I noticed the barometer says it’s 80% humidity so we’ll see if we get more rain today.

At 11:15 it started raining.  It stopped at 11:55.

In Chess Magnet School I was promoted to Warden.

It started raining again at 12:35.  Teresa gave the muchacho (young man) 40mil for his help in cleaning the garden.  The rain stopped at 1:30.
Giraldo is using a hammer and chisel to cut a groove in the wall for the water pipe.  Smartass that I am I told him it’s a lot easier to do that in the US.  He agreed.

At 2:45 it was still only 68 degrees.

In Chess Magnet School I was promoted to Marshall.

It took Giraldo hours to cut the channel in the wall for the new water pipe.  In the following pictures you won’t see much change from yesterday but the thick horizontal line in the 3rd picture shows the channel he has cut into the wall for the water pipe for outflow from the sink.  




He still has to cut through the brick all the way to the back wall.  And he might also be removing the old sink at some point.

Giraldo left at 6pm.

I watched 1969’s Topaz (6.3).  No “stars” appeared in this movie but I did I recognize John Forsythe.  What’s interesting is that the movie was only 2 hours long, seemed to end abruptly and according to imdb.com it is supposed to be 2 hours and 13 minutes long.

About 6:30 it started raining again.

While I was getting ready for bed I walked into the bedroom and saw something run under the bed.  I called for Teresa and tried to explain what happened.  I removed the pillows, sheets and blankets.  I pulled the mattress off the bed.  Laura arrived to find out what was happening.  Teresa asked me to remove the bed slats and then she swept the floor underneath.  We didn’t find anything.  Now I’m not sure if what I saw was just a floater in my eye or if the thing really existed and escaped behind the chest of drawers.

I took my sleeping pills at 11pm and went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment