Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Tuesday, October 6th, 2015



Today is my 70th birthday.  Happy birthday to me!

I was awakened at 5:55am by the dueling doggies.  At 7am I got up for my only trip to the bathroom.  Geraldo showed up at 7:30 and I finally got up at 8.

Geraldo is removing every other brick at the end of the existing wall using a cold chisel and hammer while the other guy just dents up the wall on the side facing the dining room.  I’m not sure if that’s just for looks or there is some other reason for that.  I guess I’ll find out.

I called Social Security to request a proof of income letter and to talk about whether I need a proof of life letter.  After a 25 minute wait, the operator asks me “how can I help you”?  I told her I just want a “proof of income letter sent to my address on record” and she replied “she couldn’t just do that without first verifying some of my information”.  I replied “then why didn’t you ask me for that first” and she hung up on me.  How rude!  I participated in their survey and gave her the lowest rating possible.  I’ll try again tomorrow.

I backed up my documents and photos (and downloads to boot) and it only took about 20 minutes; in the past it usually took well over an hour.
Giraldo left at 7:30 and Teresa has decided that instead of finishing the last 2 rows of the separating wall she wants to remove the top 2 rows for the entire length.


I took my sleeping pills at 11pm and went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment