Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Monday, October 12th, 2015



Happy Columbus Day.  It’s a holiday here also but I don’t know if it has anything to do with Columbus Day.

I got up once at 4:40am, woke up at 7:40 and got up at 8.  

Giraldo arrived at 8:30 and got to work cutting tile to cover the floor under the counter.  I think this might be like a shelf for storage.

I thought I had the answer to fighting over the dog chews because I had 4 chews for 4 dogs.  Tony, of course, was right in front to take whatever I was holding.  As soon as his teeth touched the chew he turned around and ran away.  Luna took one and walked over to a blanket and lay down with it.  I never saw her chew on it, she just guarded it jealously.  I put the other 3 chews down where any terrier that wanted one could help themselves.  When I came back later Tony was on the blanket where Luna had been, again apparently guarding it.  I gave Luna a different one and a few minutes later she was fighting with Peter over it while two untouched chews sat nearby.  Sigh!  I’ve retrieved 2 of them so far, Tony is guarding the 3rd and I haven’t seen the fourth.  Teresa told me that we have to bring Luna inside with one of them so she can eat it without any fighting.

About 11am Don Miguel stopped by with a young man (son? grandson?) and Teresa gave each of them a glass of juice.

Today I officially completed the first half of Rosetta Stone.  I’ve finished 10 out of the 20 units.  It only took a little over 2 years.  I’m determined to double my efforts and do at least a lesson a day – at least days when I’m home.

In Chess Magnet School I was promoted to Herald.

I shut down my computer and removed everything (including my laptop) from my chess table and studied some chess openings.

A thunderstorm came through and it rained from 4:30 to 5pm.

Don Miguel finished for the day and we gave him 100mil for his work thus far.

Giraldo left at 6:15.  Today he laid a lot of tile.  He’ll be back tomorrow as there is at least water and electrical connections that have to be made.  Here’s what it looks like at the end of day today:


I finally remembered to check the playoff box scores.  The Cubs beat the Cardinals today 8-6 to take the series lead 3-1.

I started watching Alfred Hitchcock's 1964 Marnie (7.2).

I took my sleeping pills at 11:30 and went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment