Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Monday, October 19th, 2015



Well, that didn’t work.  It took me more than an hour to get to sleep.  I got up once at 3:30 and again at 5am.  Teresa also got up with me on my latter trip to rouse Laura for school.

The alarm on my cell phone went off at 7am awakening both of us.  I had forgotten to turn it off permanently yesterday.  Teresa brought it to me and I took care of it.  

Teresa’s cold seems to be much better today.

Giraldo arrived about 8:15.

I got up at 8:50 to watch the Today show but Teresa was watching one of her craft shows so I had to wait a little while for my turn.

The young man from the cabinet store stopped by and showed us the wood they offer for the cabinets.  It’s light, not as light as pine, which should work fine for the cabinets.  It’s probably a local wood.

Giraldo was working outside for the first 3 hours or so.  When I went out to hang up my bath towel to dry I saw him putting cement around a water outlet pipe behind the shed.

While they were both out back I got up on the wall separating the dining room from the kitchen and replaced the 26 watt fluorescent bulb with a new 45 watt which should give us a 70% increase in illumination.

Giraldo was back inside by 11:45 running a new electric line from an old outlet to create a new outlet for the refrigerator to be placed in the corner where the sink used to be.

I’ve started using Duolingo on my iPad on a daily basis to study Spanish.  That’s in addition to using Rosetta Stone.

I finally scored 75% on my Writing lesson in Rosetta Stone and it let me proceed to the next lesson.

I wasn’t sure if Giraldo was going to bother but he did bury the electric line in the wall.

I installed the thermometer/barometer to an outside support post for the finca.  I had just told Teresa the temperature and “no rain soon”.  Not 5 minutes later Teresa told me it’s raining and we went out to take the clothes off the line.  I looked up and there was a blue sky with a small cloud and only a few drops coming down that lasted maybe a minute.  I guess the barometer can’t catch everything.

The Chess Magnet School problems/puzzles are getting to be very difficult.  I could certainly use more brain cells.

Now that it’s dark outside I can see that the larger light bulb makes a big difference.  I’ll get another one for over the kitchen.

Giraldo left at 6:30.  Today, besides the outside work and the electric cord extension for a new outlet, he did some painting.  He’s supposed to come back early tomorrow to finish up a little something.




I watched the end of the first half of the Monday night football game so I could see the new Star Wars: The Force Awakens trailer at halftime.

Teresa went to bed at 10pm.  I stayed up another hour to watch the first episode, season 2 of Fargo.

I took my sleeping pills at 11pm and went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment