Saturday, October 3, 2015

Friday, October 2nd, 2015



I slept pretty well despite getting up twice during the night, finally waking/getting up at 9am.

Among today’s new US movie releases I would like to see The Martian (8.5).

Locally, I would like to see Everest (7.4) and Maze Runner (7.0) but the latter isn’t playing anywhere around here in English.

Laura came back at noon and gave me the receipts for the exercise cycle and electricity payments.

I gave Teresa the name and phone numbers of the man I saw caning a chair 2 years ago.  She asked me something about the picture of the chairs I had in the States but I don’t know what.  Laura sent him a picture of my chair.
Teresa called my endodontist, Dr. Franco Rendon, and made an appointment for October 14th at 4pm.

I tried to give each of the terriers one of the dental health chews.  Tony and Peluche would have nothing to do with it.  Peter took one but left it on the side of the finca and I retrieved it.  Luna took hers and put it on her blanket.  She didn’t start eating it but was guarding it jealously.  I’ll wait another month before I try giving her another.

The three of us shared the 2nd taffy apple.  Of course, we all loved it.  This time I kept the plastic package it came in.  It might come in handy later, and now I have two of the sticks.  One taffy apple left.

A few hours later I found Tony had taken the dental health chew away from Luna but was taking his time chewing it.

Apparently Tony and Luna were fighting over it so Teresa threw water on Luna in order to retrieve it.

Teresa laid the large mirror over a couple chairs and starting glueing pieces of glass to it.

Teresa got a phone call and left the finca about 5pm.

I saw a hummingbird flitting among some trees out front.

She came back with Geraldo and another man with some building materials: a couple heavy bags of cement mix, long water pipes, a plastic bag filled with plastic Tees and elbows and another filled with electrical supplies.  I gave her 30mil to give to them.  That may have been just for the muchacho because after they brought everything we gave Geraldo 424mil.  He gave us a receipt for items he had purchased for 370mil.

The peso closed for the week at 3,036.84 to the US dollar.  Not as high as a couple weeks ago but I’ll be happy if it stays above 3,000 for some time.
Teresa and I moved several things out of the kitchen including the refrigerator.

I took my sleeping pills at 11pm and went to bed.

T-shirt of the day: Think like a boss.

No comments:

Post a Comment