Thursday, October 8, 2015

Wednesday, October 7th, 2015



I slept well despite getting up once during the night and again at 7am.  I finally got up at 8am, about the same time Giraldo and his helper were arriving.  They got to work right away and by 10am had removed all the bricks from the top 2 levels.

I called Social Security and after a 20 minute wait it sounded like it was transfering me to another number and after that I heard nothing.
I refastened 3 of the counter lights above my closet shelves using screws instead of tape.  I have one left for Teresa if she wants it.

I watched Terry Coyle’s 2015 Thru-Hikers Part 1 & 2 on Youtube. 
Giraldo chiseled 3 holes in the bricks for electric outlets.  Then he cut channels between them and then down to the floor most likely for electric wiring.

I received an email from Apple that they automatically renewed my iTunes Match subscription for $24.99.  Four hours later I received another email from them – my receipt.  I went to my USAA account and I didn’t see a payment to Apple.  Strange!  I looked more carefully at Apple’s receipt and it says it was billed to “Store Credit”.  What?  I think that may because my USAA debit card number changed recently.  Sounds like their lawyers will be after me soon.

The Colombian Peso has fallen below 3,000 per USD.

I received an email from Marty Hirsch of Chess Magnet School that he has reset my account so I can start over from the beginning.  I am now back to a title of Squire, there are 21 titles and previously I got up to number 19 (3rd highest) which was Overlord.  I started the Chess Magnet School (CMS) lessons and after again being taught how all the pieces move I was promoted to Baron.

Giraldo’s helper came in and claimed he had been stung by a wasp.  I sprayed some Walgreen’s Bite & Sting Relief Spray on it and he said it felt much better.  Thanks Bro!  or was it my son?

It’s been almost a month since I emailed the Paul Keres chess club inquiring about upcoming chess tournaments.  I never heard anything so I emailed them again this time in Spanish.

Giraldo threw some gray stuff on the wall that appeared to be some type of adhesive but I don’t know what will be stuck to it.

At 1:30 when I sat down for lunch the Colombian Peso was at exactly 2,900.

I don’t know when or where I got them but I have a few new insect bites on my arms.

At 4:30 I called SS again and this time after a 60 minute wait I got an operator and talked to him for another 25 minutes.  He will send a benefit letter and Proof of Life (#7162) form out today.  He mentioned that the latter, when completed, is supposed to be sent to my social security office.  I’m not sure if that means Mt. Prospect, IL, Miami, FL, or the US Embassy in Bogota.  Hopefully the instructions on the form will make it clearer.  He did give me information for the Miami SS office as he thought that was the correct destination:  11401 W. Slagler St. Miami, FL, 33174; phone: (866) 331-7129; fax: (305) 226-1370.

I think what Giraldo put on the side of the wall is plaster (cement plaster, perhaps) and sometime later he used a trowel to smooth it.

I had Teresa go outside with me and help me move a couple planters containing plants from under the last known wasp nest.  Then I sprayed it with the last of my spray.  I did see one wasp escape and I was afraid he was going to come at me but he headed toward the jungle.  We knocked down the nest and stepped on the stunned wasps.  That’s the last wasp nest around the finca that I’m aware of.  I hope we can stay wasp free at least until I get resupplied with more spray when my brother comes for his next visit in February.

I watched the National Geographic’s The Appalachian Trail on YouTube.

We gave Giraldo 200mil and he left at 7:30.



I watched Parts 1 & 2 Appalachian Trail 2014 Thru-hike Documentary on YouTube.

I took my sleeping pills at 11:45 and went to bed.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Terry,

    And a belated Happy Birthday to you!

    Just FYI, the SS Office address in Miami is on Flagler St., not Slagler St.:

    11401 W. Flagler St. Miami, FL, 33174

    You don't want your letter to possibly go astray meaning that you might wind up having to sit on hold on the telly with SSA for yet a third time t request another one, yow!

    Cheers!

    Paul M.
    Tampa, FL
    ==

    ReplyDelete