Monday, October 26, 2015

Sunday, October 25th, 2015



I got up at 1am, 3am, and 5:30, finally waking/getting up at 9am.
Today is election day in Colombia but I’m not sure at what level, certainly not for president.

I finished Gillian Flynn’s 494 page Gone Girl and downloaded Lawrence Wright’s 529 page Going Clear: Scientology and the Prison of Belief.  The book I just finished had some interesting plot twists so I would like to see the movie version starring Ben Affleck.

At 11:30 a young man with a lady (girlfriend/wife?) stopped by with my chess chairs.  They look nice and very sturdy except they don’t have the cane seats installed yet. 

We thanked them and gave them the remainder of the payment – 150mil.  Normally we wouldn’t give them all the money until the work is completed but they know we will be giving them more projects.

This is the Chicago Bears bye week so there isn’t any game today.

We left the finca at 1:45.  Teresa was so certain it would rain that we took both umbrellas.  The killer dogs met us on the trail – aggressive as usual.  The puppy came out and I petted it while giving it 3 dog biscuits.  The rottweiler stood not 6 feet away observing, without being aggressive in the slightest.  I offered him one but he still was too skittish to approach.  We walked away with him just standing there looking at us.

We heard some lightning in the distance during our 10 minute wait for a bus.  The northbound lanes of the new road appear to be finished – although I guess they could still install lights or guardrails or something.  It looks like they still have to build the southbound lanes up about 3 feet if they are going to match the height of the northbound lanes.  I timed the trip from the sideroad to the old highway and it was only 5 minutes.  Teresa told me she thought the new highway would cut the trip to Medellin from 40 minutes to 20 minutes.  If a new straight highway section could cut the time from the sideroad to the old highway to even one minute that only reduces the trip to Medellin from 40 minutes to 36 minutes.  We were dropped off at Home Center where I picked up packages of AA & AAA batteries and another large 45 watt fluorescent lightbulb.  Teresa picked out a garden rake, multipurpose gloves and what looked like artificial plant mulch.

We went into Exito to have lunch but the place was packed, all tables were taken and there was a long line for Frisby – our usual lunch place.  We ordered at a place called Santa Parrilla Express – ribs and pepsi for me and chicken breast and a Colombiana for Teresa.  Luckily we got a table just as someone was leaving.  Laura met us just as our food arrived and she ordered the ribs also.

In Exito we picked up eggs, bread, and milk.

We took a taxi to the metro station where we were soon on a bus back to the finca.  Just as we passed Caldas it started raining lightly.  Luckily, the three of us each had our own umbrella and it stopped raining as we walked up the hill.

I turned on my Nook and a small portion (about on sixth) of the cover screen still appears on the pages inside the book.  I tried some things like turning it on and off but so far nothing cleared it.  The battery is almost dead so I hope recharging it will fix the problem.

I started watching Woody Allen’s Alice (6.6).

I took my sleeping pills at 11pm and went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment