Saturday, February 18, 2017

Friday, February 17, 2017

New US movie releases I’d like to see are The Great Wall (6.3), A Cure for Wellness (6.8), and Land of Mine (7.8).  Locally, I’d like to see A Cure for Wellness (6.8) playing in Oviedo & Santafe and Hidden Figures (7.3) playing in Oviedo.

I called Herman in the morning and arranged to meet him to go to Pueblito Paisa.  A few minutes later he called back to tell me he forgot he had an important appointment at 1pm today.  I informed Jim and he asked me to meet him at the hotel and we would leave from there.

I made a stop at the bank and picked up some cash, added 50mil to our cell phone, bought the Friday Q’hubo newspaper for Chuck, bought a bottle of Coke at the corner store and returned to the apt.
I dropped off the newspaper and Coke and headed back downtown where I immediately caught a bus to El Poblado.  I wasn’t exactly sure where to get off the bus to get to Jim’s hotel but I guessed right and the driver dropped me off right in front of the road leading to the hotel.

After looking at some tourist information we went outside to catch an Uber car.  We had trouble getting one, the driver eventually cancelled, and we ended up catching a taxi instead.

At Pueblito Paisa we each had a large glass of orange juice (for twice the price that Herman charges).  It took about 5 minutes to look at the village.  Up on the rooftop Jim was impressed with the view of Medellin.  Then we went into the city museum where we saw a bas-relief sculpture of Medellin.  They also had photos of how the city has changed over time.

It was getting a little windy and Jim’s smart phone was predicting rain so we left and immediately caught a taxi to Botero Plaza.  Outside the Museo de Antioquia we found an empty table.  Taking our time, Jim had a beer, I had an iced tea and we each had an onion soup.  Then he had the house salad and I had their meatball plate.

Then we went over to the other side of the museum entrance to their coffee laboratory.  We had the same cute waitress as last time we were there.  Jim had a coffee, I had a café con leche, and we shared a slice of tiramisu.

Then we took the metro, Jim got off at the Poblado station, and I continued on to Envigado.  Coming out of the station it was raining lightly.  I immediately was on a bus to Parque Envigado.  When I got off the bus the light rain had diminished to a light mist.

At 7pm I called Jim using my magicJack and we agreed to meet at Wilson’s Bocados Bar at 8:15.

Jim arrived about 5 minutes after we did.  I was expecting Wilson’s TV to be tuned, as usual, to some soccer game.  Instead there were a couple young men in the “kitchen” area searching through Youtube for 80’s American songs they liked.  After a couple drinks we decided to move.

We walked a few blocks away to La Ultima Estacion (The last station).  Besides drinks all they serve are small empanadas and chicken shish kebabs wrapped in bacon.  After we finished eating Laura showed up.  She had a little something to eat and then we all left.


T-shirt of the day: If I’m ever on Life Support, Unplug Me.  Then plug me back in.  See if that works.

No comments:

Post a Comment