Thursday, February 16, 2017

Wednesday, February 15, 2017

At 5:20 I was awakened by the sound of a leaf blower outside so I got up and closed the window and blinds.  I woke/got up at 8:15.

Jim and I arrived at the Afro Soul t-shirt store at 10am but found it doesn’t open until 11am.  We walked over to Home Center where we bought a knife, a knife sharpener and a cutting board.  Next door at Exito we bought some garlic powder, a loaf of fresh bread and fresh vegetables.

Back at the apt Jim showed Teresa how to make omelets.

I finally received an email from Shedrain with my purchase invoice.  I emailed it to the address given to me my Miami customs so hopefully it’s soon on its way.

About 1:30 we walked down to the garage restaurant where we had lunch for 11,000 pesos each and I learned that its real name is Deli Hoy (deli today).  I’ll try to remember that.

Teresa returned to the apt and on our way back to Exito we made a quick stop at a local Tienda D1 store where we were soon surprised by Wilson doing some shopping.

We walked to Exito where we finally hunted down some pizza sauce but didn’t luck out on finding a baking sheet.

We walked to the Afro Soul store but I guess Jim wasn’t impressed as we soon left.  Walking back to the apt, as we passed a small corner store, Jim pointed out a chess set.  A man was sitting there alone and I understood he was playing the store owner who was busy at that time.  He invited me to sit down and take his place which I did.  I didn’t have a favorable position but I managed to hold it and get an advantage but then I hung a rook and soon lost.  I told him I would like to come back and play him again another day.

We walked back to the apt, we all took a nap and then Jim made pizza bread.  Delish!  And Teresa was very happy.  (I think she wants to open another restaurant.  Lol.)

We took an Uber car to the Cuban restaurant where they had live guitar music accompanied by bongo drums.

We took an Uber car to Wilson’s bar where Laura soon joined us.  She had dinner and the rest of us had drinks and we chatted and watched a futból game on TV.


T-shirt of the day: I’m not saying I’m Superman.  I’m just saying nobody has ever seen me and Superman in a room together.

No comments:

Post a Comment