Saturday, February 25, 2017

Friday, February 24, 2017

It’s a very overcast morning that hopefully will keep the heat down today.

I called Fossil and was told the bills are still pending and the duplicate charge should fall off by Monday.

Laura and I went to the new gym – Smart Fit.  It’s much larger than the one at Comfama and has newer high technology equipment.  Some of the machines – Matrix – have their names in English.  I checked out the men’s locker room and they have lockers and showers.  I could go there, change into my workout clothes, shower, and return to my street clothes.  I picked up a flyer for the gym.

Back at the apt I translated the flyer into English and it appears that the least expensive plan gives you unlimited access to this location.  It costs an initial registration fee of 90,000 (about $32), 49,900 per month (about $18) and an annual maintenance fee of 89,000 (about $32). Now all I have to do is figure out how to use their registration site.

Among new US movie releases, I would like to see Bitter Harvest (8.3).  Locally, Teresa and Laura want to see 50 Shades Darker and I would like to see Hidden Figures, Split, and John Wick 2.

A strong gust of wind came up and Teresa directed my attention to a large tree outside.  One of its branches was split down the middle and appeared ready to fall any minute.  I asked her to call the police.  She said no one answered so she called Wilson.  I laid down for a few minutes and soon heard a crash as the tree limb came the rest of the way down.  Luckily nothing or no one was under it when it fell.  Ten minutes later firemen were here with a chain saw cutting it up into logs.

I checked online and it appears my 2nd umbrella has arrived in Miami and is being processed.  I wonder if I’ll have to provide them with another order confirmation.

I’ve been communicating a lot by email with Alex from S.F.  Everyone, just come for a visit, be careful as you would in any large city, and enjoy!

Teresa and I started watching the Deepwater Horizon (7.5) DVD.  For only a buck you sure get a good clear audio & video.

At 4:30 it started pouring!  It didn’t ease off for about 90 minutes.

I finished Chapter 10 - Prophylaxis and the Center in My System.


T-shirt of the day: I’ve reached the age where my brain has switched from … I probably shouldn’t do that … to … what the hell, let’s see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment