Saturday, February 4, 2017

Friday, February 3, 2017

I got up twice during the night and took an Excedrin Migraine 30 minutes before getting up at 7:45.

Among new US movie releases I would like to see The Space Between Us (6.1).  Locally, I would like to see Hidden Figures (7.3) playing in Oviedo and Santafe.

We left the apt at 9:15 for MT’s 10:20 appointment at Cedimed with the gastroenterologist.  We were there by 9:45 and they went in while I walked down to MBE where I picked up 4 envelopes waiting for me – all 1099s.

A few stores away I had a couple documents printed from my flash drive for 4,000 pesos.

Back at the Cedimed outdoor deli I had a coffee and the ladies returned by 10:30.  I understand MT’s tests all came out negative so everything looks good.

We had a snack there before heading back to the apt.

The ladies left to pick up some medication for MT along with my medications for the month.

I have some documents that need to be apostilled first so I made plans to meet Chuck at El Pastelito at 3pm.  (Inter-col is closed for lunch from noon to 2pm.)

I went to the closest notary in Envigado and had my 2 signature pages notarized for 4,000 pesos.  That’s the first time I’ve done that by myself without the help of a Spanish speaker.

I left the apt with Laura at 12:30.  We had to walk downtown before catching a taxi.  She got out at a metro stop somewhere downtown Medellin and the taxi driver dropped me off at Unicentro mall.  I had a FriSnack in Frisby for 10,200 pesos.

I got to Inter-Col just after 2pm.  (I talked briefly with a gringo who was there visiting his son.  He said that his son was there illegally for the past 18 months; he just paid the fine each time he left.  He asked me about investing in real estate in Medellin but I didn’t have an opinion about that.)  I paid 85,000 for each of the 2 documents that need to apostilled.  I was told it would take about 3 days and they would call me when they are ready.

I quickly caught a taxi waiting outside the Exito.  The driver said he didn’t know Envigado but he was okay taking me as long as I knew my way.  I had him drop me off a couple blocks from El Pastelito and I arrived just before 3pm.

Chuck didn’t arrive by 3:25 so I left for the apt.  Teresa told me Chuck showed up a little after 2pm.  (Obviously he missed my last email where I informed him I would have to meet at 3pm instead of 2pm.)

We finished watching Hacksaw Ridge; Teresa loved it, at least partially because it was a true story.


T-shirt of the day: I’m mom’s favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment