Monday, February 6, 2017

Sunday, February 5, 2017

Last night I fell asleep quickly only getting up twice about 4am and 7am finally waking/getting up at 9am.

I took a shower, had a bowl of granola with a sliced banana (I need the potassium to ward off leg cramps) and headed for the park.  I finally figured out where they rent bikes and the guy renting them spoke good English.  I was told it costs 9mil for an hour although I could rent it for a longer period of time.  I had to give him my name, Cedula number (or passport #), and telephone number.  He gave me a complimentary bag of drinking water.  First I rode to the apartment where I showed Teresa that I was able to rent one although it was a little small for my 6’ frame.  I rode down Avenida Poblado as far as the Euro store.  It was all downhill and I knew it would be harder going back (Chicago doesn’t have hills).  It also might be a little easier if I had gym shoes instead of sandals.  I returned the bike just over 30 minutes after I checked it out but that’s enough for the first time.  (Later I found a little redness on my shoulders as they were a little exposed from my wearing a muscle shirt.)

I had told Teresa I wanted pizza today so we were planning on going to the La Mesa area.  Because Laura got up late Teresa decided to make fish for them and she asked me to go alone.  I said then I’m going to Chicago’s to try their thin crust pizza.  I understood there was some seafood she wanted to have there so she changed her mind and decided to go with me.

The 3 of us quickly caught a taxi to Chicago’s in San Lucas Plaza
I ordered a pizza for me, Teresa ordered a mix of deep fried calamari rings and onion rings, and Laura belatedly ordered pasta.  While waiting for our food Teresa noticed our dentist had arrived.  He, his wife, and 3 kids were all at Subway.  I went over and said hello and learned they were going on a picnic. 

After a leisurely lunch Teresa directed us down the hill where we found another small strip mall.  (It turned out it’s actually the same plaza just separated.  We walked around a bit then went out to the street to catch a taxi.  Teresa told me, since we were so close, she would like to look at clothes at Zara in El Tesoro.

It took about 15 minutes to catch a taxi to that mall.  I sat in a waiting area while the ladies did some window shopping.  They soon came out having found nothing and we quickly caught a taxi back to the apt.

I hooked up my laptop to the TV and connected to my Slingbox in Chicago and watched the Patriots vs Falcons in the Superbowl.  I had a very good connection with one exception – I missed the Patriots’ tying touchdown and 2-point conversion due to some buffering.  The Patriots ended up winning in overtime 34-28.


T-shirt of the day: I may be old but I got to see all the cool bands.

No comments:

Post a Comment