Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Tuesday, February 7, 2017

I slept well until Laura came into our bedroom at 5am complaining of stomach pains.  Teresa got up and gave her one of my Excedrin Migraine tablets.

I got up at 7:30 feeling refreshed.

Teresa sent me to the corner store for milk. 

After breakfast I stopped at the internet café where I had the remainder of my 1099s scanned again to my flash drive.

I watched the beginning of the Today show until Chuck showed up at 10:30.  He asked me to come downstairs and then he informed me he had thrown his back out.  I offered to get him an Excedrin Migraine and a glass of water and he accepted.

We caught a taxi to Unicentro where I quickly picked up my apostilled documents at Martha’s office.

We walked over to Exito where we caught another taxi to Estacion Estadio.  On our way Chuck told me that he took his wife back to Ay Caramba for another limonada de coco and he saw the guy who sold me the DVDs.  Chuck told him about my one movie not being the same as what was shown on the packaging and the guy told him it wasn't his fault it was a mistake at the factory.

We walked to El Viejo y El Pancake where we got in line for a table (actually seats).  There were maybe half a dozen people in front of us.  We talked to a Canadian couple that were here to escape their brutal winter.  When it was our turn we were informed they were out of potatoes so I ordered blueberry pancakes (yummy) and sausage (patties).  In the meantime I had a small glass of cold orange juice.  We learned David and Alexi found a new location a block away.  It’s going to be much more of a restaurant with indoor and outdoor seating and they’re going to add lunch to the menu.  Of course the prices will have to increase a little to pay for the new place.  The plan is to have their last day at the old location on Friday, February 17th and reopen in the new location on Tuesday, February 21st.

After lunch we walked over to the metro station.  Chuck with his sore back didn't want to attempt to walk up the stairs so we took the handicapped elevator from the 1st floor to the 2nd.  At the top I tried both my metro card and my Civica card but neither would open the handicapped gate.  I guess you have to be registered as a handicapped person to use that entrance.  We took the elevator back down to the ground floor.

We took a taxi back to Parque Envigado where we sat for a looking at the beautiful scenery while he drank a bottle of water and I had an iced tea.

We split up about 1:15; we’re meeting again on Friday to have lunch with my brother in Sabaneta.  When I got back to the apt I found the Une bill that was supposed to be paid no later than today.  I walked the few blocks to $efecty where I paid it; the lady giving me the correct change this time.

I stopped at Exito where I picked up 3 bottles of carbonated water for my brother.

I received an email from MBE in Miami that they have received a package of PAPER without an invoice.  I think this must be my umbrella although I have yet to receive a shipping confirmation.  I emailed Shedrain and they told me it shipped on February 3rd and it was delivered yesterday.  I told them I need a shipping confirmation to send to customs in Miami.

I received an email from the US Embassy in Bogota asking to direct our question about MT’s SS direct deposit request to another email address.

I checked my 1099s against what was actually deposited into my checking account – they balanced - and then emailed them to my tax accountant in the States.

I finally got Teresa to leave the apt at 6:30 for Home Center.  We picked out a couple Cannon bath towels for my brother and she selected a planter and some mulch to replant a couple of the plants she keeps on the stairs.

Back at the apt I received a response from my tax accountant and was told I don’t need to file this year nor next year.  Yay!


T-shirt of the day: Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  (Ain’t that the truth!)

No comments:

Post a Comment