Saturday, February 4, 2017

Thursday, February 2, 2017

Today is Groundhog Day!  I understood Punxsutawney Phil saw his shadow so the US, at least, is expected to have another 6 weeks of winter.  (I understand meteorologists have a differing opinion.)

I left the apt at 10:25, did an hour at the gym, and left at 11:30.  
Teresa asked me to stop at Exito and pick up some bread for lunch.  I didn’t know exactly which type to get so I picked up a bagette and a pan de maiz (corn bread?).  I also picked up a couple bags of microwave popcorn for the Superbowl.  I got in the shortest line with only 3 people ahead of me.  Today is another Thursday but today they didn’t have the big signs proclaiming its bagless day but they did have smaller signs attached to the cash register displays.
When the cashier finished processing the first person’s order I understood she was waiting for something.  I asked the guy ahead of me if he spoke English but he said “no”.  In Spanish I asked “what are we waiting for”? but nobody answered me.  Then the cashier walked away and the guy got into another line.  What the F#$*?

I got into another line with 4 people ahead of me.  I don’t know why the cashiers are so slow here! L

It was noon by the time I got back to the apt.  Teresa wondered why I got 2 loaves of bread.  Lol.

Luckily, before I took my shower I asked her if we needed milk and she said “yes”.  I made a quick trip to the corner store and while paying for it I told the girl that I need to buy a cow.  Lol.

Chuck and his wife Darnell arrived a couple minutes before 1pm for lunch with a larger version of the cheesecake I had bought the other day.

Teresa served a soup which tasted like pumpkin and then we each had an individual chicken lasagna.  She served the pan de maiz and later told me it was an excellent choice for the lasagna.  We waited a little bit before having dessert.

We chatted a little longer and they left at 4pm.  My eyes felt very tired so Teresa and I took a nap from 4:20 to 5:45.

I received 4 emails from MBE that I have documents waiting for pickup.  They should be my 1099s for last year.

T-shirt of the day: The upcoming (numerous) t-shirts were interesting ones I found on the internet thanks to Chuck.  This first one is dedicated to my computer programmer friend now retired in Hawaii.

There are 10 kinds of people: those who understand binary and those who don’t.  J

No comments:

Post a Comment