Friday, February 17, 2017

Thursday, February 16, 2017

I woke up in the middle of the night with a cramp in my left calf but I was able to quickly work it out.

I woke/got up at 6am, showered and Jim and I left the apt at 6:45.  We walked a few blocks to Las Chichas (sp?) where he introduced me to a hot arepa relleno de queso.  The young man who works there speaks English.  Then we walked across the walkway from city hall where we had a couple cups of coffee.

We stopped at the corner store where I picked up a couple bags of milk and dropped them off at the apt.

We walked down to Exito where Jim bought a bottle of Medellin Rum to take back with him.

We stopped at Herman’s orange juice stand where we each had a medium-sized cup for 2,000 pesos each.  Jim also had a bag of fresh potato chips.  Talking to Herman I think he might join us tomorrow at Pueblito Paisa and afterwards for lunch at the museum.  He mentioned he knows an English speaking lawyer who lives in Envigado and I asked him to get me his business card next time he sees him.

We took a bus up to the park and then walked down Carrera 43 until it ran into Carrera 43A (aka Avenida Poblado).  A few more blocks (2 ½ blocks from La Mesa) and we were at the Otraparte museum and café that Chuck had recommended to me.  We got a quick tour of the famous author’s (Fernando Gonzalez) house and then went out back to their café - a nice shady outdoor spot with umbrella tables.  We arrived at 11:45 so we had to wait 15 minutes until they opened at noon.

I had a strawberry juice and broccoli soup and Jim had a bottle of water and blue cheese tapas for a total of 25,800 (about $9).

We walked back to the apt where Jim packed his suitcase and caught a Uber car to the Dann Carlton Bilfort hotel.  We’re going to meet him at the Bogota Beer Company tonight at 7pm.

I got an email from Jim.  He loves the hotel and he said he was heading down to the pool.

I checked the MBE website in Miami and it appears my Shedrain umbrella is on the way.

Teresa and I left the apt at 6:35, caught a taxi after a 5 minute wait, and arrived at Bogota Beer Company (Carrera 34 #7-165) in El Poblado just after 7pm where we found Jim sitting at the bar.  We each had a drink and then we moved to a small table closer to outside where we shared fried chicken strips and fries.

We walked around the park and finally settled on J&C Delicias for dinner because it was quieter but still overlooked the park.  Jim had a vegetarian arepa and 2 rum and waters, while Teresa and I shared an order of penne pasta and I had a limonada de coco and Teresa had a mango juice.  The total bill including tax and tip was 79,500 (about $27).

About 10 pm Jim caught a Uber car back to the hotel and we caught a taxi back to the apt.

Laura finished the leftovers from our penne pasta.


T-shirt of the day: You know that little thing inside your head that keeps you from saying things you shouldn’t?  Yeah, I don’t have one of those.

3 comments:

  1. Cramps like that are a result of a lack of potassium

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I was so curt. I appreciate yourcomment. I'm going to buy some bananas soon.

    ReplyDelete