Sunday, February 5, 2017

Saturday, February 4, 2017

Last night I slept very well waking/getting up at 7:30.

I made a quick trip to the internet café to have my 1099s scanned to my flash drive.  When I got back to the apt I found that some pages were missing so I’ll have to return.

We left the apt at 9:15 and quickly caught a taxi to Mayorista.  First we stopped in a seafood store (Langostino?) where Teresa bought 71,000 pesos of salmon and tilapia.  We walked across the street to Euro where we filled our cart with everything we need except a lot of meat for a total of 456,000 pesos.  The grocery store was pretty crowded and we didn’t get back to the apt until 11:30. 

Chuck had missed some of my emails but he came over about 12:30 when I was having lunch.

We walked down the hill to a store where I bought a birthday present for my son.  We walked to Exito where Chuck bought some Colombian coffee as gifts.  We walked over to Bocados Bar where we saw Martha and we sat for awhile and had a drink.  I showed him the park with the army soldiers and we talked briefly to one.  I understand it’s some sort of an army base.

We walked up the hill to the other Exito where Chuck bought a couple small bottles of rum for gifts and I picked up a bag of granola and a bottle of liquid soap.  We said goodbye in the park and I walked to the internet café which I found closing (4:15pm) just as I got there.  They don’t open again until 4pm.

I’m sitting her at the kitchen table and I suddenly smell – pizza. 
We’re going to La Mesa (The Table; a small concentrated restaurant area of Envigado) and I plan to have pizza.

The Colombian Peso closed at 2,849 to the US Dollar.  (I recently realized that my xe.com app wasn’t set correctly so it’s possible I recorded the incorrect currency exchange in recent weeks.)

We watched my new DVD Hell or High Water (7.7).  Again, Teresa loved it.


T-shirt of the day: I love you THIS much.  That’s NOT very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment