Monday, February 20, 2017

Sunday, February 19, 2017

I got up at 7am and Teresa and I left the apt at 8:15, quickly caught a taxi that took us to Hotel Dann Carlton Bilfort.  (Ciclovia was going on in the southbound lanes of Avenida Poblado.)  At the garage level we saw 2 attractive very fit ladies as we got on the elevator.  At the main desk I asked the clerk to call my brother.  He soon came down and while waiting I found a 3-bedroom apt listing in the Sunday newspaper they had.  A couple of very fit guys walked by, one without a shirt displaying all his muscles.  We had a nice breakfast for 27,000 pesos each (about $9).  They had juices, fresh fruits, cereals, waffles, rice with beans, scrambled eggs, etc.)  There was also a woman making eggs to order.  The waitresses (sisters) were very attentive and refilled our coffee cups often.

Teresa and I took a look downstairs where they have a small gym and steam bath.

We met a sales rep from Panama that was in town marketing a workout recovery drink called Kill Cliff.  He didn’t know why it had such a strange name.

Jim’s airport ride was supposed to arrive at 11:30 but Jim texted and asked him to come at noon instead.  Better to wait in the hotel than the airport.  But the driver arrived at 11am so I got Teresa a taxi back to the apt and Jim and I left with the driver.  It’s called Medellin Airport Transfer for a set price of $32 and it includes a 1-hour stop if you wish.  Jim had him stop for a few minutes at an overlook where we had a beautiful view of Medellin. 

We arrived at the airport by 12:20, Jim checked his bags and we went upstairs where we shared a pizza at Piccolo’s.  Jim told them the oven they were using Middleby “something” was made in the town we were born in and that he was a cheese representative. 

We said our goodbyes and Jim started through the ATS check at 2:15, an hour before his flight.

I went downstairs and outside and a bus was just leaving.  I waited about 5 minutes for another one to arrive and another 15 minutes for it to leave.  I got off at the San Diego mall, walked through to the other side and across the street.  A Sabaneta bus was just leaving.  I skipped 2 Envigado buses but the next Sabaneta bus turned down the street just before me.  What?  I waited a few more minutes and this time it stopped at my bus stop.  I paid my 2,000 pesos in cash and had pretty much my choice of seats.
I was back at the apt by 4pm.

I googled “Teatro Pablo Tobon Uribe” and found www.TeatroPabloTobon.com and learned they have chess Tuesday afternoons from 2-8pm.  I’ll probably go this Tuesday by taxi and then when I learn exactly where it is, in the future I can take a bus and walk.


T-shirt of the day: Science doesn’t care what you believe in.

No comments:

Post a Comment