Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Saturday, February 11, 2017

The Colombian Peso closed at 2,853 to the Dollar.

Jim and I walked down to the metro where I introduced him to Herman and we had a glass of fresh orange juice.

We took the metro to Parque Berrio and walked a block north to Botero Plaza.  Outside the Museo de Antioquia they had some nice tables for a Laboratorio de CafĂ©.  It cost 3,500 for me for an iced tea and 3,500 for bottle of water for Jim.

To enter the museum Jim paid 9,000 pesos and I just 6,000 (I think I got a senior and/or local discount).  I think we spent a couple hours there.

Outside, on the other side of the entrance, we discovered their museum restaurant.  Jim wants to come back here some day for lunch.

We walked down Carabobo (sp?) and entered an interesting building with lots of stores – almost all of them selling (the same?) shoes.  Strange.

We walked to Plaza Mayor and finally found the tourist information booth but it was closed.  It was 2:20 and there was as sign saying that they would be returning soon but we didn’t wait.

We took a taxi to Mercado del Rio and we walked around and checked out all the restaurants.

Jim decided we would eat at Happy Tomate.  We shared a personal pizza for 22,500; I ordered a Hiatsu (red) tea for 5,500 and Jim had 2 Aguila beers for 8,000. Total 38,500 pesos.

My Hiatsu tea was a 14oz (400ml) bottle which contained 10mg of sodium and 14gr sugar.  (Later I compared it to Mr. Tea and Coke and found that even though it’s more volume, it’s healthier.)
I want to come back and try a burger at Jucy Lucy’s.

We took a taxi to Laureles mall and checked for Lucas but he wasn’t there.  We found Jhon’s sister sitting there (couldn’t remember her name) and I asked about Jhon.  I was told that Jhon is sick – no surprise as he was a chain smoker when I knew him and his hands shook.

We walked to the corner store where Jim had a beer and I an iced tea.

Back at the apt Teresa sent us to the corner store for milk.
As we were walking past about a dozen neighbors sitting outside their building Jim started talking to them.  He told them his brother (me) has been in Colombia for 4 years and I still don’t speak Spanish.

At the corner store we ran into Laura coming back from work.
Back to the neighbors Jim told them he went for a cold beer and came back with a Colombian fiancee and he got a good laugh over that.

We all walked down to Bocados Bar where we had a delicious chicken breast dinner with drinks.


T-shirt of the day: I was deplorable before it was cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment