Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Tuesday, January 31, 2017

I’ve been sleeping much better lately.  I just hope it continues.

Chuck came over at 10am and we took a taxi directly to the Dann Carlton Bilfort hotel in El Poblado. 

It is a separate hotel from the Dann Carlton.  It's a 15-20 minute walk to Parque Poblado which is where "civilization" begins. The hotel is in a quiet area a short walk up from Avenida Poblado in the "jungle" so there isn't really any view.  You take an elevator from ground level up 2 stories to the lobby, restaurant, and pool area.  Next to the pool there are tables under a canopy that shields you from the sun.  Those areas are beautiful.  We confirmed that my brother has a reservation for the 16th to 19th.  The hotel was full so I wasn't able to see what the rooms look like.  $210 for 3 nights sounds like a good deal if he doesn't mind being a little isolated.

We had lunch at the Flip Flop Sandwich Shop.  I had a BLT and orange juice for 12mil and Chuck had a couple eggs, potatoes and coffee.

We walked to the Las Rosas Hotel Boutique which is in a shaded, residential area a 5-10 minute walk uphill from the edge of Parque Lleras.  There are a couple bars/restaurants a 2 minute walk away.  We passed Mu on the way; it seemed to me that it was in a different location than last time.  Not sure if they moved; doesn't seem likely they would have 2 locations so close together.  The rooms looked nice (one even had a bathtub with rainforest type shower) and they are only 160,000, breakfast included.  They do have a shuttle to the airport.  The bad news is they have a large group coming in and don't have any rooms available for the 16th to 19th.  I picked up a brochure and business card from the hotel for my brother. 

We walked down to the park itself and had a drink across the street at the Beer Store.  I had a café con leche and Chuck had a regular coffee.

We walked across the street and sat in the park for awhile.  We ran into the same guy selling movie DVDs that we had seen when we were having lunch at Ay Caramba.  I went through his offerings and bought Deep Horizons, Silence, Snowden, and Hacksaw Ridge for 14,000 pesos (about $5).

We walked down to Avenida Poblado and waited 5 minutes for a Sabaneta bus to come along.  We did get seats but it filled up pretty fast.  I said goodbye to Chuck a block past my street.

I stopped briefly at the apt then went back out and took out some cash from the ATM and bought a couple bags of milk.

I decided to first play Silence but when I put the DVD in the drive I found out it was the movie Hell or High Water.

We started watching Hacksaw Ridge but stopped at the 1:24:34 mark.


T-shirt of the day: Stay calm and aim for the head.

No comments:

Post a Comment