Saturday, November 17, 2018

Friday, November 16, 2018

Typical night, finally waking/getting up at 7:45.

I checked last night’s final score and it was Seahawks 27 Packers 24.  Yay!

Laura forwarded the Claro bill to my email address so I shouldn’t have any trouble finding and printing it.

Among today’s US movie releases I would like to see Instant Family (7.5) and Jonathan (6.6).

Locally, Overlord (7.1) is playing in Viva Envigado but only at 9:25pm; Bohemian Rhapsody (8.4) is still playing at Viva Envigado at 6:30, 7:20, and 9:30; Hunter Killer (7.0) is only playing dubbed in Spanish.

We left the apt at 9:15 for Teresa’s 10am appointment.  She was called at 9:30 and came out about 45 minutes later.  She had a breast biopsy and now we’re reading about medical terms like Birads 4C and 5.  I understand the results will be available in about a week when we will know more.

Back at the apt the doorman gave us our Une bill for the month.
I left the apt about 3:30, walked down to the mall and printed this month’s Claro bill at Auros.

I walked over to the real estate office and asked for this month’s utility bill.  I thought it would be a simple matter of them handing me the bill.  I talked to 2 young ladies and briefly even the owner Don Carlos but I had no idea what was going on.  I called Teresa 3 times over 25 minutes and all I got was her voice mail.  (Later she confided that she spent quite some time talking to her mother.)  I texted Laura but the best advice she could give me was “don’t worry”.

I walked up “the hill” and noticed that the big hole in the street has finally been filled.  I made a withdrawal from the ATM and I paid the Une bill at Cotrafa.

All the tables were taken at Bartolos (everyone was just hanging out, no one was eating or drinking anything) so I went to the bakery where I had a café con leche and checked out my phone for awhile.
I was heading to pay the Claro bill when I was surprised to see Bob Sisler sitting outside a bar with another gringo, whose name was Philip, visiting from Atlanta.  Bob and I rehashed old times and he reminded me that we arrived in Medellin on the same plane almost 6 years ago.  He told me: Margerita is still his on and off girlfriend; David went through rehab upon the insistence of his sister; he met Chuck earlier.  It rained for about 15 minutes.  When it stopped I said goodbye and stopped at the Claro office where I paid the bill.
I stopped at our next door Exito Express where I bought a couple bags of milk.

Back at the apt I talked to Teresa and learned it was my fault as she told me to get the bill from the portero and then take it to the agency.  Sigh!  My bad.

The blind guy arrived at 6:30 and quickly put up the cleaned and shortened blinds in the master bedroom, we paid him 80mil and he left.  That took all of 5 minutes.

I checked my blog from 2016 and found that I bought 3 meters of ethernet cable from the Omega Store but I have no idea what happened to it.  That’s something I could use on my NFL game days.

Joke of the day
IDIOT SIGHTING #2
We had to have the garage door repaired.
The repairman told us that one of our problems was that we did not have a 'large' enough motor on the opener.
I thought for a minute, and said that we had the largest one made at that time, 1/2 horsepower.
He shook his head and said, 'You need 1/4 horsepower.'
I responded that 1/2 was larger than 1/4 and he said, 'NOOO, it's not. Four is larger than two.'
We haven't used that repairman since.

No comments:

Post a Comment