Sunday, November 18, 2018

Saturday, November 17, 2018


Last night I got up once at 5am, finally fell back asleep and woke/got up at 7:45.

I made plans to meet Chuck at Bartolos in the afternoon.

I had a bowl of hot oatmeal for breakfast and left for the gym at 9:10am.  There is a lot of work going on downtown and nearby repairing the sidewalks and crosswalks.  I saw Charles there, back from his trip to the States.  The gym wasn’t very busy today.  I completed all but one of my exercises in 2 hours.  I asked a manager where I would go to change my membership location to Viva Envigado and was told here.  My battery was down to 17% so I decided I would tackle that another day.  On my way down the hill towards the street my apt is on I noticed a Metro Bus coming up the hill.  Hmm! I wonder if I ask at the metro station there might be a bus that goes up to La Buena Mesa.

I exchanged emails to meet with Chuck.  The last one I sent I suggested 2:30.

I left the apt just after 2pm and arrived at Bartolos at 2:22.  I felt a couple drops on the way and clouds were darkening so I was happy to beat the rain.  I had a coconut lemonade and waited for Chuck.  About 3pm it started raining hard.  I left at 3:30 as the rain was settling down.

Later I got an email from Chuck that he was there from noon to about 2pm.
“I think what we have here…is a failure to communicate.”

Teresa and I left the apt about 6:30 and we walked up to La Buena Mesa where we tried the Peruvian restaurant.  Laura texted us that she wanted us to pick up a no order of lomo saltado for her which we did – to go.  The total bill came to 116,000 pesos ($39).

Laura came back at 9:15.  I understand she works every day until Christmas; she said maybe she would get a day off sometime.  She wants me to talk to the family she’s going to be working for.  I said I would contact them soon but first by email.

Joke of the day
IDIOT SIGHTING #3
I live in a semi rural area.  We recently had a new neighbor call the local forest preserve office to request the removal of the DEER CROSSING sign on our road.
The reason: 'Too many deer are being hit by cars out here! I don't think this is a good place for them to be crossing anymore.'


No comments:

Post a Comment