Thursday, November 8, 2018

Monday, November 5, 2018


Today is another holiday here - Dia de los Santos (All Saints Day).

Last night we went to bed at 10:30, I got up 3 times during the night, the last time being 6am when right after I returned to bed I heard a street sweeper (truck) going up and down our street for about 5 minutes.

After a nice warm shower, I checked online and found that the Patriots beat the Packers 31-17.  That helps the Bears who have already lost to the Patriots.  Now the Bears play the majority of their games against other teams in their division.  The only opponents with a record of .500 or above are 2 games against the Vikings and 1 against the LA Rams.  Right now the Bears are 5-3 and if they win all the games with teams with inferior records and lose all the games with superior records that would give them a final regular season record of 10-6 which is exactly what I (and my son) predicted at the beginning of the season.  The next 2 games are very important – home games against the Lions and the Vikings.

My hip still feels sore so I took an Excedrin Migraine and I’ll be skipping the gym today.

Funny, I was sitting at the kitchen table having breakfast and waiting until 10am to watch the Today show when it occurred to me that we don’t have Direct TV installed yet.

I received an email from Jose that he was feeling better and should be available for chess tomorrow.

I left the apt at 11:40 and arrived at Parque Envigado just before noon (an 18 minute wallk).  Bart Roepke, the gringo from Minneapolis, Minnesota was already there.  We talked some NFL football and things about Colombia.  He said he saw Sunday’s Vikings game at a bar called Ay Wei on Calle 10 in Poblado.  (Later I googled it and it’s called Ay Wey! Bar & Grill and they serve Mexican food.  It is on calle 10 about a block down the hill from where the road splits off to Vizcaya.)  We talked about seeing the November 18th game together somewhere.  He’s still looking for a one bedroom apartment somewhere higher in the mountains or outside Medellin.  We had the menu of the day at Bartolos for 13mil.  I invited him to go somewhere for coffee after but he wanted to get back to his room in Sabaneta to do something on his computer.

We walked down Calle 37 Sur and he continued on to the metro station and I went to the mall.  I stopped at Habia Una Vez (Once Upon a Time) where I had a cafĂ© con leche and a slice of carrot cake for 9,700.  I read that the Vikings vs Bears Sunday, November 18th game has been flexed from a 1pm start to the Sunday Night Game of the Week at 8:20.  That game should be a battle for 1st place in the NFC North division.  In Home Center I bought a plastic silverware tray for our kitchen drawer.  I used their autopayment cashier again – this time I noticed that the first 2 machines are only for credit/debit cards and the last 2 are for cash.
As I exited the mall I noticed the ground was wet but luckily it wasn’t currently raining.  Back at the apt Teresa seemed to be pleased with my purchase.  Soon I noticed we lost our internet connection.

Teresa said she was bored and asked about seeing a movie but I don’t have internet to check showtimes and she said previously she wasn’t interested in seeing Bohemian Rhapsody.

At 6:30 internet was restored.

We got some more rain off and on in the evening.

Internet went in and out the rest of the evening.

We went to bed at 10:30.

Joke of the day
Reasons for Sensitivity Training for Men:
A man calls 911 and says "I think my wife is dead".  The operator says, "How do you know?"  The man says, "The sex is about the same, but the ironing is piling up!"

No comments:

Post a Comment