Saturday, November 10, 2018

Friday, November 9, 2018


Last night I got up once then Teresa woke me up at 6:30 with a cramp in her calf.  Only she was pointing her toes and I didn’t feel any tightness in her calf.  Maybe she was dreaming.  I got up at 7:30.

I left the apt and arrived at the mall just after 9am.  The anchor stores, Exito and Home Center, and the cafes were open but the other stores were still closed.  (Opening at 10am?)

I first added to my cellphone notes what ATMs are in the mall. 

I toured Smartfit and found most of the same machines I used in the Parque Envigado location.

I went to Home Center looking for a 3-way plug.  It wasn’t where I thought it was so I googled for a photo and showed it to a salesman.  He took me a couple aisles down and handed me the exact thing I showed him - a “multitoma de pared con 3 salidas polo a tierra”.  It was an ugly orange but luckily I found one in white.

In the meantime, Teresa texted me asking me to buy her a wood cutting board.  I paid using their automatic checkout but I couldn’t find a plastic bag for my purchase.  I finally saw those recycling bags but I had already left the bagging area.  I went downstairs and entered Home Center where I bought a recycled bag for 1,700 pesos.

I went upstairs to Habia Une Vez where I had a café con leche for 3,600 pesos.

I knew I had to be back to the apt in time for an early lunch and for Teresa’s 1:30 doctor’s appointment.

Laura texted me reminding me that I need to sign the au pair letter.  I told her she needs to give me a copy of the form letter.  She sent it to me as a pdf via Whatsapp.  Now what do I do with it I asked her.  She said print it.  We went back and forth for awhile on how to do that and finally I sent it to my email address, went into Exito where I found an internet store called Auros and used one of their computers to print it for 300 pesos.

Back at the apt Teresa informed me that the blind man (I guess it’s contagious) is coming this afternoon.  I plugged in the 3-way plug and plugged the TV and the cable box into it.

We had lunch then took a taxi to El Tesoro arriving at the doctor’s office an hour early.  They were out to lunch.  We finally were allowed in at 1:50.

I heard the doctor say “carcinoma” which I understand is skin cancer and he said he wants Teresa to get a biopsy.

On our way to the taxi stand I saw a vending machine that dispenses rolls of toilet paper.  That’s a first.

Back at the apt Laura and I took a taxi to Notary 1a in Envigado where we had the au pair form notarized.  (Interestingly, when we went to the cashier she took one look at me and appeared startled.  Both Laura and I noticed it.  Maybe she thought I was some rock star.  Lol.)

We went to Bancolombia where Laura withdrew 800mil from her account.  This is November’s finca rent that John put in her account.  I understand 300mil will go to the guy who cuts the garden and the other 500mil will go towards the cost of reading (interpreting) Teresa’s biopsy results.

We walked back as far as the Esso gas station where Laura waited to catch a bus to Oviedo and I continued on to the apt.

Outside the doorman’s shack I found copies of Gente newspaper and took one for Teresa.

The blind man was finishing up the installations.  We now have patio blinds similar to what we had before and the 2nd and 3rd bedrooms have the old traditional type of blinds although with an improved way of putting them up and down.

Teresa has a biopsy appointment for November 20th but she can get in sooner if there is a cancellation.

Teresa and I spent hours translating and googling information from her mammography results and what the doctor had written in her file.

Among new US releases I would like to see Overlord (7.1) and The Front Runner (6.7).

Locally, I would like to see Bohemian Rhapsody playing at 8:20pm; Hunter killer playing at 9:50pm; and Operation Overlord playing at 9:10pm.  All of the preceeding are playing in Viva Envigado.

Joke of the day
A woman sees an old man sitting on a park bench, sobbing. She comes up to him and asks what's wrong. "I recently married a young woman. She's beautiful, she takes incredible care of me, and we have the most unbelievable sex!"
"Then why are you crying?" the woman asks.
The man says, "Because I can't remember where I live!"

No comments:

Post a Comment